Mock biscuits??

• hey,
    I was wondering if anyone has found an idea for mock biscuits for p1?
    Maybe make a patty of some sort? maybe I'll google it and see what I can find...
    Any ideas?
  • mock cornbread?
  • Mock cornbread
    -1 can great northern beans drained and rinsed
    -4 eggs
    -1t salt
    -1t baking powder
    -2T olive oil
    -1/3 C sugar substitute
    *the original recipe called for 1T cumin and 1t Tabasco but I omitted it b/c that was for the mexican casserole.

Combine all ingredients in the blender and process until smooth. Pour in a 11x7 pan and bake at 400 until toothpick is clear when inserted in the center (25 min in my crazy oven.)Works well as muffins too!
  • Ladybug - How many servings are in that?
  • Quote: Ladybug - How many servings are in that?

I have no idea as it's not something i've ever made... i hear it's good since one can is 2 cups and a serving is 1/2 cup i would guess 4
  • Thanks,
    I think it's going on next week's menu!
  • What are northern beans? Would any beans work? Kidney..lima...? Black?
    But thanks for the recipe... I'll try it. I found a recipe for a caserole that calls for biscuits and figured I would see if I could replace them. I may just omit them, but either way I will try the "cornbread" recipe... Thanks nessa
  • I think northern beans would be the same thing as a navy bean. I haven't tried this recipe, but I'm sure you could sub any type of bean of your choice. Keep in mind, though, that the color of the bean would lend it's color to the cornbread.
  • Tell us how it is...sounds good to me!
  • If I am not mistaken Northern beans are the same as Great White beans Great Northern.
  • hmm... ok. I'll try to find them next week and then make them. I'm sure they'll be packed with more protein than real cornbread
  • I made these the morning. Pretty yummy. I added a 1/4 or so of FF dry milk, next time I might up the Splenda. It was not too corn bready but a nice change for breakfast. Had a nice texture similar to a caky bread. Make sure you grease the pan.
  • will do... thanks for the advice, I can't wait to make these...
  • I might try these tonight!