Time for a change!

• Hi my name is Kimberly. I am an Army wife. My husband left a week ago for basic, and i'm painfully waiting on his return. We have 2 children, 2 years old, and 9 months old, both are girls. I decided if he could make such a great sacirfice for his family, I'm am going to do my damn best to loose this weight for him! I'm gonna need your ladies support. I need to re-learn how to cook my food, what I need to buy, and stay away from. What worked for meals as far as feeding you and your children. I will help the best I can also! I wish every one the best of luck! Happy loosing!!!
  • What a positive thing to do while your man is off doing good deeds!

This website is full of great information and ongoing support. Snoop around and post wherever you wish.

• Welcome!

You've come to the right place! The people here are so nice and helpful. I just got here myself about a week ago and am still feeling my way around. If you ever need to talk gimme a holler!

Karen
  • Good plan KIMBERLY . . . you've taken a great step forward on the long and sometimes bumpy road to better health and fitness just by coming here to 3FC, Chickie. You will find lots and lots of support and lots and lots of good advice on the many possible ways to go about the journey on this very big site. Keep up the great enthusiasm.
  • Welcome, Kimberly!
    It sounds like you've great incentive to get the weight off. Keep that enthusiasm! We're all here to help.
  • Hello Kimberly,

Welcome! I'm new here as well, but from what I can see, you're going to love it here. There's so much info to draw on.

What a great thing for you to do while your husband is away on duty. I wish you the best - you'll do great, and 'WOW' him when he gets back!

"The road you are on determines your desitnation."
  • Hi Kimberly, Welcome. I've been coming in here every day, sometimes a couple times a day for almost a month and frankly, if I weren't coming in here, I would be off somewhere shoving McD's or BK in my face... To me this site is better than my therapist... LOL... I've had a rough couple of days this week, I was ready to give up... as a last resort, I posted an SOS and I'm still here, I'm stronger and 'wiser' thanks to this group of people. The 12-step saying "Keep Coming Back" really applies to these forums.
    Good Luck to you and God Bless your husband and all of the troops...
  • You'll love it here! Best of luck!
  • Thanks everyone!!! I weighed my self, and I was at 227, now I'm at 221!!!! I am sooooo excited! I have a new grocery list too! Lots of meals for me and my children, hopefully they will like them, thanks for everything goys and all your kind words and welcomes!! You are great! Now I just wish I could find a place where I can !!!!
  • Hi Kimberly,
    You'll find lots of friends and support here if you are involved and stay involved. That's one thing I will change this time around...I need to stay connected to other people to do this. Your husband will be surprised when he sees you next!

Cassie