Determined this time!

• Hello everyone,

I'm 27 years old, a single mom of 2 year old princess, working full time, going to school full time, and now I am full time weight loser(lol), too.

I have been overweight all my life as long as I can remember...and Yoyo and I have been best friend since my first try of weight loss back in 2003. When I was pregnant, I actually lost weight: Although I did gain some weight during the pregnancy, I still weighed less after having the baby than before I even got pregnant. Then after having my dd, I kept putting on weight..I started WW on Nov of 2006, lost 17 lbs in about 2 months. However, I was not able to stay on WW due to some financial issue and before I knew, I gained all and some more.

Working at graveyard shift in front of computer, taking care of my dd, and all the stuff was not that easy on my body and Curves caught my attention one day. I registered as I do not have time for regular gym; I stop by Curves on the way to pick up my dd from daycare. April 7 will be my first weigh-in since I started Curves and I am quite exicted..although I may have not lost lbs, I can already tell some of my clothes fit better, and my back doesn't hurt as much any more! I can feel that I'm stronger, which is great.

I also just received cardio dvds to do at home today, and will be start doing them tomorrow. As I do not have family members to watch my daughter in Michigan or friends to work out together, home dvd was the best option for me.

I have never liked exercising, but Curves changed it for me; I am quite excited about the new dvd I'm going to start. I really have set my mind on losing weight for good this time and will not stop till I can achieve the goal.

3FC will be my bf for me throughout this journey and hopefully I will be able to also help others...and my pictures will be in the Success Stories one day!

Tara
  • Hi Tara

Great job on getting into a Curves & working out! I'm a WWer member, and if you'd like to begin WW at home by using your old materials you're more than welcome to join us all over in the Weight Watchers area under Diet Central. All of us there, as well as 3FC can be your support group!! You may also want to check out the 20-something's. They're a friendly bunch, too!

Best of success to you!
  • for you, Chickie . . . you are definitely heading in the right direction . . . keep up the good stuff.
  • Tara, welcome to the forum!

That is great that you're enjoying exercising! That's like a gift, I think. You have a great attitude about the scale. Keep at it!!
  • Welcome! Great job with joining curves!
  • hi Tara - I do Curves, too, and I plan to add in some video workouts at home starting in a few weeks (after the semester is over). I too really like the way that I feel when I exercise, and Curves works for me. Sounds like you are off to a great start! My girlfriend in Atlanta is doing WW (as are many people on this site) and she loves it. Welcome! and keep us posted.
    anita
  • you are on your way!
  • You Go Girl...
    Good for you on joining Curves. Exercise is so good for you especially if you have to sit at a desk. I am also working in front of a computer all day, so I feel your pain. I am on Sugar Busters and feeling great with tons of energy now. I am cycling farther and farther each time I ride and I find that food isn't that big of a deal anymore. Seems like I only care to eat because I know I should....about time. Keep up the good work!!!
  • That's great, Tara! I'm a huge proponent of exercise. Not only does it help with weight loss, but it also helps with so many other components of life... endorphins help with depression and overall attitude towards life, stress relief, and so on. Congratulations on making your first steps towards a healthier you!
  • Congratulations and welcome!