new girl in need of advice

• Hi, found this site just last week, can't believe how nice everyone is! I am really interested in folowing a low carb diet but don't have any idea where to start! How many carbs can I eat in a day? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I've tried WW but it didn't work, I actually put on 3lbs.
  • Welcome to the Low Carb Forum, Valleygirl. He, we are all in the same boat so of course we are nice.

The Chicks in this forum are on different types of Low Carb Plans. Some are on Atkins which is quite strict (20 carbs on induction) and others are on CALP (The Carbohydrate Addicts LifeSpan Program) which is more lenient. And then there is Protein Power, The Zone, Sugar Busters and The Schwartzbein Principle.

The best thing for you to do is check some books out of the Library or search the net for Low Carb Plans. Sorry that I don't have the links at hand - I did a cleanup the other day and got a bit carried away. I am sure some of the other chicks will post some links for you.

Please come in and post on the Daily Cluck. We deal with diet issues there but also just chat away about our lives - its joys and frustrations!

And if you are in the UK Wales, Happy Saint David's Day! My husband's name is Griffiths so he keeps reminding me of this day! He can't sing worth a darn but loves leek soup!
  • Hi valleygirl! Welcome!

Yep! going to the library and reading up are the key!

post often so we can get to know you better!!

peach