Do You Use FitDay To Track Your Food

• If you do, how often?

I know I should use FitDay.com to track. Some weeks I am better at tracking than others. I will get busy at home with the kids and just not track for a few days. However, I have now found that I can use our "What Are You Eating" thread to get the information and put if into Fitday, no matter how many days later. I found this was a wonderful bonus of the thread.

Just wondering.
  • I do mine the night before. Every day. It's just become something I do in the evening. I plan dinner for the next day (ie. what to take out of the freezer, what to prep), and I go one step further and plan the rest of the day as well.
  • I got the program for my PC and absolutely love it. It's a great way to keep track of everything and see your progress. Probably the best diet software that I've tried.
  • I use the free version and I enter my food every day. I know there are several theories about tracking food (pro and con) - and I can't say that I will definitely track it forever - but I've been doing it for about 6 months now and it's just part of my day. It really helps keep me on track.

The only concern I really have is that it seems like some of the foods don't have the same fiber content listed that I find other places so I sometimes do a bit of a cross-check on the 'net' carb totals. Has anyone else noticed this or am I crazy?
  • I noticed that about spinach but then I figured out that there are actually different types of spinach and that was the difference. I will probably look at the foods more closely now that you have mentioned this. Thanks for the warning.

What are the cons to tracking your foods?
  • I use it sometimes to help me get back on track, but most days I know how much I'm eating as I eat mostly the same things . If I think I've eaten to much or too little or something I dont usualy have, I'll check. It realy did help a lot in the beginning as I had no idea about the foods I was eating. If I stop losing I'll start logging again to see what the problem might be.