Need Motivation/Friends

• I have dieted all my life, I have a love/hate relationship with food and I know I do. I lost at lot of weight last time I dieted, but for some reason as soon as I stopped exercising, I gained it all back plus some. I wasn't eating anything too terribly bad during the time I regained everything back. I wasn't eating fast food or a lot of fried foods either, which is my weakness.

I would just like some motivation and someone who understand this cycle and how hurtful it is for one physically, emotionally and overall mentally. Two years ago I was wearing a size 5/6 and weighed 138 pounds (I am 5'2") and now I am wearing a size 12 and I weigh 175 pounds, which is a lot because I do have a tiny frame. I realize that it doesn't seem like a lot to most, but my doctor said if I keep it up like this I will have severe health problems. Therefore, I realize I need help!!!

I am just wanting someone who I can e-mail back in forth about daily battles or struggles, helpful tips, etc.

Thanks.
    -Motivated120-
  • Hey Motivated

If you have a look around you'll find that the forums are a great place to meet a lot of friends who are on the same path. There are threads about daily struggles, and plenty of helpful tips all over here. The more people, the more opportunity to connect.

How are you planning on losing the weight for good this time? We'd all love to help you out & support you along the way.

Best of success!
  • Welcome to the forum!

Yes, it's a frustrating cycle. You are not alone.

As Faerie said, post around the forum in a few areas. You'll soon meet some wonderful people.
  • You are not alone! Your story is very like mine. I'm 5'3'' and 176lbs. I want to get down to about 119 evenually, but I'll reassess whether I need to go that far as I get nearer to goal. I also got down to about 140lb a couple of years ago, kept it off for a year and then put it all back on again I know that 175/6 doesn't seem like a lot to some people, but for those of us who are short it is a lot. I also don't hold weight well, so my tummy actually prevents me from bringing my knees close to my body, and forget crossing my legs elegantly!

You'll find lots of help and advice here, regardless of your weight. I know that I have.