Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #1  

Default new and scared...

I am ready to lose weight, but I am scared of failing again. I eat for comfort and out of boredom these days (for the last 7 years or so) and I am getting so big! I used to be a rail, used to eat like a bird everyone said, and now...well, the stress of being a single mom, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera has led me to food and I am struggling to figure out what its gonna take to get me to stick to a diet. I am open to any help and suggestions.
kellijean1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile Welcome!

This forum is a great place to start and you have already stepped towards beating your weight by surrounding yourself with all kinds of virtual support! Pick a challenge, or start a blog, just do something. I have held on to my weight for a good 5 years myself. Getting involved here and committing with others in the same struggle has really motivated me to get on track. It's fun to post your progress and when I get close to blowing it, I remember that I'm gonna have to fess up to the world. Keeps me making good choices most of the time.

You can do this!!!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:53 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. What a good feeling.
kellijean1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Hi Kelli, welcome to 3FC!

It's ok to be scared, but it's more fun to be excited! Just think of how much better you are going to feel over the next few weeks, and the extra energy you will have. I've been a single mom before. I sure needed all the energy I could get! You'll be fine, and you'll get loads of support here. You won't be alone.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #5  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

THis site is so great, the ppl are really nice. GOOD LUCK!
I'm a huge calorie-counter, and ofcourse I've been working out at the gym. Are you sticking to a specific plan, like Fat Smash or something?? Again, Good Luck
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:49 AM   #6  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Hi kellijean! I hope you can come to 3FC for comfort, instead of turning to the fridge (I've been known to do that too!). There are lots of supportive members here, so I hope you find a forum, and perhaps a diet blog, to help you!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 267.2/254/150

Height: 5'6

Wink

I feel you on the bored eating. After I had my babies if I wasnt chasing them I was on the couch eating something. I got major cabin fever and in turn packed on the pounds. I've found that its really helping the I am determined to make a change and my new digital scale is my friend not my enemy This is the best site I have found and I think I have found a home!!!! Nice to have you hear and good luck!!!
ThatsSpify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi kellijean -- welcome, and best wishes! If you can cope with being a single mom, you CAN lose weight and get healthier! I don't have kids myself, but I am aware that being a good mom or dad is one of the most difficult and most important things that people can do. Just think how wonderful it will be to be able to run around and play with your little ones. [I think about being able to take even longer walks with my dog, and this helps me : ) ]

You might look into specific diet-plan forums or age forums, but post anywhere you feel comfortable. I 've found everyone here very supportive and helpful. It helps a lot to not feel like I'm trying to do this all by myself.
Take care of you -- you're worth it!
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Hi Kellijean and welcome from me as well! I also just found this site this week, and feel it's the most amazing place, full of warm, wonderful, helpful people. I am also a single mom, and I totally relate to your feelings. I eat from boredom, sadness, anger, hurt. All those things. But I'm so tired of feeling that way! And so tired of being fat. So, here I am, ready for a new beginning. Right before I left my ex, a friend said to me if I am really going to do it, really am ready to leave him, then I have to be ready to move on to something better. I decided then that I am ready to move on to something better, and that means making my health priority number one. And you are here as well, also ready to move on. So, good luck to you, and welcome!!
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/141/135

Height: 5'2"

HI kellijean. I'm so happy for you that you want to become healthier! It will be great for you as well as your child. I see so many children making poor food choices (I am a teacher) or who never get out to play. I hope this will be a great journey for you. As you lose the weight, you will have more energy, especially if you go to the gym, which I am sure as a single mom you need. Good Luck!
slvrlining8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi and welcome!! I just joined today as well. Being a single mother is no fun, but maybe the lil ones in our lives can keep us motivated
earthgrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #12  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote