Met my first mini-goal

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I made myself a goal of being in a size 12 by May 1st. I reached that goal a couple of weeks ago. I'm so excited about it and haven't set a new goal yet. All of your pictures here have been such an inspiration to me that I wanted to share some of mine. These are a couple of pictures that show me at my worst! And one my daughter took for me this morning in my size 11/12 jeans! I still have a lot of work to do, but I have already done a lot of hard work. I've lost over 20 pounds since January 1st. I started at a size 16. I look back at these pictures and can't believe how awful I actually looked. I remember thinking that these clothes in both of the before pictures flattered me! Oh man, I couldn't have been more wrong! My main goal now is to never let myself look like that again, and to just keep improving. I feel so much better physically. I know I am healthier. I owe much of my success to this site and all of you here. You have taught me so much and inspired me to keep going. I can't thank you all enough!

So, I have never posted pictures here, but I'm going to give it a whirl. My heaviest weight was 178 which is what I am in the bowling picture. I was 174 in the sweater picture - that was on New Year's Eve 2007, so just a few months ago. Both size 16's. This most recent pic I am at 151 and sporting my new 11/12's! ETA: I'm adding a new picture. These are my new size 9's-- yes - size 9's! And this t-shirt is also new, I couldn't fit into these t-shirts. I have lost a couple pounds since I first posted this, but have lost a few inches so the clothes are fitting different again! I am loving this new body I have found.

• congrats! And
  • You look wonderful, and younger too!
  • Thank you. I needed to see this pictures this morning. I just wasn't feeling it last night. But I can really see the improvement when I look at the pictures. It makes me want to keep on going!
  • Wow!! You look so much younger, (and happier!) and so slim! BIG congrats to you and continued success!!!
  • I agree with the others!! you look sooo much younger and SOOOO pretty!! WTG!
  • Great Job!!
  • looking good in the new duds! keep it up
  • way to go!
  • You look GREAT!
  • You look really good. Congratulations.
  • huge congrats, you look great!!
  • Wow!! What a change! You look fantastic!
  • Thanks everyone. I added a new picture. I am feeling great - a little over halfway to my goal! I know I have made it 25 pounds and I can make it another 24!
  • you're positively skinny!