Do you get irritated when u r hungry

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Since today is Good Friday I thought i could fast till evening..I could control my hunger but not my temper. I got easily irritated by whatever mischievous silly stuff done by my daughter.I am sure i would not have reacted like this if i was not hugry.I became normal once i had food. Does hunger cause mood swifts. Do any one of you face such emotions when you are hungry?
  • I get cranky when I've gone too long without eating too. I think it has to do with blood sugar levels.
  • Oh yes... very cranky. This is pretty common, I think. Don't come between me and my food.

Jay
  • Yeah I get very snappy if I'm hungry too
  • Definitely! I get very cranky when I'm hungry! Sometimes I have work meetings that will run over into my meal/snack times and I really have to be careful not to snap at people.

I don't know about blood sugar levels, but I'm pretty cranky any time I'm uncomfortable. If I'm in pain, if I don't get enough sleep, when I'm sick, when I'm hungry--all of those things make me cranky.
  • Yes. I think it has to do with changing blood sugar levels.
  • Cranky... oh ya... snippy... snarly... witchy... you name it... I eat, and all is well....
  • Yep. I get tired and very cranky/impatient when I don't get my food as scheduled. I'm like a kid!
  • Oh yeah! You can be 23, 63 or 103 -- doesn't matter, everyone acts just like a 3 yr old when they're hungry. I think most people could handle life better and just be nicer all around if they just had a snack and a short nap. Works for me.
  • Total meltdown, here.
  • my nephew has low blood sugar, when he doesnt eat every 3 to 4 hours he is intolerable.
  • Oh, yes, definitely... My family knows me to be EXTREMELY irritable when I'm either hungry or tired. Also, God forbid that anyone comes even near me when I'm both... :b
  • I definitely do. Among my friends at work I am, unfortunately, notorious for getting cranky if I wait too long for lunch. If we went out for lunch around 1 pm and I was a little testy they would realize it was the hunger being cranky and not me. Now I bring fruit to tide me over if I feel myself getting cranky, and it definitely helps.
  • OH YES! Crankomatic right here when I'm hungry! In fact it's so obvious that I'll get home and for whatever reason I can't start dinner right away and before I know it my SO is bringing me a cheese string with a sheepish smile. He knows that I'll stop being so nasty as soon as I get a bit of food in me. He can read me like a book...it's kind of funny actually.

Cheers,
    Tamara
  • Quote: Don't come between me and my food.
    Jay
    Yeap, that's exactly what I was going to say.