Another SB Newbie, Hi!

• As you can see from my posts, I am a long time 3FC member; I joined back in 2002 and lost about 30 lbs with exercise and counting calories, and g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y here I am 20+ pounds heavier. I have had problems with depression and trying to find a med that helps with that, but also didn't zap ANY motivation for change.

I do very well with exercise, but just could NOT get a handle on my eating, while I was trying to lose with counting calories. Because I am such a starch/sugar lover I was trying to fit a big cookie into my calorie count each day!(duh) with the obvious failure of just starting new cravings.

You can also find me under Chicks on Motorcycles and the Depression topics (what varied interests I have )

anyway, hi and I'm feeling so much better and confident at getting the sugar and starch cravings out of me, and trying to have a lifetime ahead of me of better choices and eating well.
  • hi welcome. I think that SBD will be great for you but ya gotta do the two weeks of phase 1 without 'cheating'

there will come a day I promise where an apple with natural peanut butter will taste as sweet as candy....
  • Hi nessa, I am totally committed to doing Phase 1 without any cheating - I'm telling myself that I just CAN'T. As an alcoholic can't have any alcohol, I just can't have the off-limit stuff

but yes, I will be happy the day I am allowed an apple or pear
  • BACK, VermontMom!
  • Hey Holly--

Congrats to you on losing 7 pounds! I am nearing the end of phase 1, and I can say I no longer crave sugar/starches. What types of exercising do you do at home? I do 3 miles- run/walk on the treadmill, and some strength training video's by Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser.
    My goal is similar to yours,(about 20 pounds would make me ecstatic, but would be happy at 10 ) -so I look forward to chatting with way.
  • Welcome Holly-

Just has to say hello to a fellow Vermonter Don't see a lot of those.
  • thanks for the hi's and welcome's

lbug, I do videotapes at home. I have a bunch of Gilad ones; and other faves are Karen Voigt Cardio/Strength, Kelli Roberts Step, and some old (yard sale buys) of Denise Austin. I don't know what I need more, cardio or strength; so I end up doing both.

Have to let you know that my starting weight on Monday (Day 1 of Phase 1) was 172; I had already lost 5 pounds from two months' worth of other efforts.

CyndiM, Hi! I'm about 20-ish miles north of Montpelier. I have the front door open today! (with storm door, of course) and am enjoying the dripping sounds!

• have great day