Another Newbie Plowing thru Phase 1

• Hi,

I just wanted to jump in and say hello. I started phase 1 on March 8th. As of today I'm down 4.5lbs. Everything is going great. I've had moments where I would really love a piece of fruit, but once fed and satisfied it's not an issue.

I'm 40, a wife, mother and full time student. Life is busy but being prepared has proven to be the key to my sucess so far.

I amazed myself several days ago at just how fast (less than 15min) I could prepare a great meal. Tilapia,brocolli and salad. The tilapia went straight into the microwave frozen and the brocolli was cooked in a steam bag. It would have taken more time to go get a hamburger. It was so fast!! I guess what I'm saying is we really can't make excuses for being busy. I've proven a great meal can be made in less than 15 min. It certainly encourages me that I can do this and that I'm worth it.

By the way my starting weight was 216 and today I'm 211.5
  • Wow, that's great! Keep up the good work.

I agree good planning will make or break any plan!!!
  • Hi Health Science Girl,
    Sounds like you're doing great! I'm just a few days behind you--I started on March 12. Our beginning weights are really similar, so I hope I do as well as you! Congrats on your super progress!
    Dawn
  • HealthScienceGirl! It's nice to have you joining us here on The Beach! Come and join in on our daily chat so we can get to know you!
  • welcome! this plan is very workable and i can get most meals on the table in under 30 minutes....