I need help.

• I have attended 2 OA meetings in the very distant past (I had to drive an hour one way to get there). I work Mon-Fri from 3-11pm so it is hard to find a meeting I can attend that fits my time schedule. I have access to a computer all day so anything online would be great. I also need to get a sponsor. As I am a 17 1/2 year member of AA I know the importance of having a sponsor. I don't know any of you yet but would any of you like to be a temp sponsor to me until I get to know all of you? I am so ready for help! Also, where can I find the 12 Steps of OA. I haven't read them in so many years I don't remember exactly what they say.
  • I think if you just substitute "compulsive eating" for alcohol in the steps you are there. As for sponsorship, another person posted on a thread today about posting her food here to at least get that part of it going and it was well received. I call a food sponsor every day (she has not done the steps) and it really helps, plus I write my food plan for the day down. Others I am sure will chime in about on-line meetings and sponsorship. Welcome!
  • whisperinghope (beautiful name by the way!),

i encourage you to check out therecoverygroup.com. they have meetings around the clock at 12, 3, 6 & 9 am & pm. The online meeting takes a little getting used to but it's a great sub for a f2f meeting.

also check out oa.org--the twelve steps and traditions are posted there. I also recommend getting the OA 12 & 12 book...it's written specifically for OA. I do like reading the AA Big Book (I knew nothing of AA when I started) but find I respond better to the OA 12 & 12...as it is written for MY compulsion. There's also a workbook to accompany the OA book.

this group is a great place to be...there's a lot of support and encouragement. I joined back in January and have come from being a sobbing, helpless and hopeless mess to a person that is filled with LOVE & HOPE--mostly because of the help I received here! The gals here are so good at leading you in the right direction.

Welcome...keep coming back! It works if you work it...and you deserve it!

Blessings,