Quick Lemon Dijon Chicken

• I copied this recipe from the healthy living section from allrecipes.com. I altered it a little bit and it was sooooo yummy!

INGREDIENTS
    2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 2 inch pieces
    1/4 lime, juiced
    1/2 lemon, juiced
    4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    freshly ground black pepper
    Creole-style seasoning to taste

DIRECTIONS
    Place chicken in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in lime and lemon juices, and stir in Dijon, black pepper, and Creole-seasoning. Cook, turning chicken occasionally, until the chicken pieces are done, about 15 minutes. Makes 2 servings.

**I didn't use any lime juice and used half of a small lemon and it was more than enough. I used a bit more mustard than called for as I had 3 chicken breasts not 2 and I also wanted a little bit of "sauce" to pour over it. I seasoned the chicken with chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and a little lemon pepper. I didn't have any creole seasoning. I also added some chopped onions and some worsteshire sauce(a lot of the reviewers on the site did too). I added a tiny bit of honey to give it a little bit of sweetness even though its a no no. I'm sure splenda would work as well. I had it over some brown rice(I'm on phase 2 but it would be great even w/o the rice on phase 1) and had broccoli sauteed in a little olive oil and garlic on the side. I LOVED it. My VERY picky boyfriend couldn't get enough of it.
  • Sounds like a great idea! Think I'll try it this weekend!
  • sounds yummy and quick too! Those are the best recipes... I'll definitely try this sometime.