30 Something Weekend Chat: March 8 & 9

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning everyone!

Did really well on plan yesterday, then ate Girl Scout cookies and popcorn before I went to bed last night....

Went shopping last night and finally found some things to hang up in the new house. We hit sales, which was even better. 50% off isn't too bad!

I am hoping to get a workout in soon...will wait awhile to go outside as it just 0 zero degrees right now.

Have a great day!
  • Mornin' All!

Yeah, I've been up for hours, but I'm not feling very awake since I couldn't have my coffee this AM. No milk in the house. DH used the last of it for the boys hot chocolate this AM. You know, there's a reason I make the hot chocolate mix with powdered milk...so you don't HAVE to use milk!! So I of course had hot chocolate too...at least it's made with Splenda.

Gotta head over to mom's today. It's supposed to be miserable a good part of the day. Rained last night, stopped and is supposed to start up again sometime today. We'll be scraping wall paper and cleaning and stuff, so that mom can rent out the apartment.

Have a great day all!
  • Delta ~ 50% !! Excellent. What kind of stuff did you buy to hang up? Hey, what was up with last night??? I rented some movies for us to watch last night and we ate popcorn, m&m's and G.S. cooikies... very naughty.

Lauren ~ no milk = no coffee for me too! I buy 4-5 gallons a milk a week so we rarely run out these days. Scraping wallpaper at your own house and then going over to do it at your mom's ~ you're a good daughter.

I need to go get my exercise in and then finish cleaning up around here before DH comes home this afternoon. I'm fixing him corned beef tonight for dinner (he loves the stuff). It's good but not worth the calories IMO.

Have a great weekend everyone ~ Joan
  • Morning all!!

Got a little late start today...was up at 7:30, just watching tv/on computer/on phone all AM. having friends for dinner tonight. Have to run food store. DH is at a union rally in the city for the afternoon, so I told him to pick up the beer for him & his buddy. I'll be mixing cosmos for us girls

Hey dawn & Joan...I actually did VERY WELL LAST NIGHT...didn't eat ANY junk or drink anything...was SO proud of myself!!! Of course, I knew I'd be eating buffalo dip & drinking tonight, so it'll still get me, lol....

Joan, girl, when is your LASIK?? Is it this week? I've been meaning to ask you for a few days. Yes, I know the primary here should be interesting. Crazy, exciting presidential race this year!! Enjoy having your hubby back!!

Lauren, what agreat daughter you are!! Oh, and I'm so glad your mom is feeling better. gReat news!!

Mo, good lluck with the job hunt!! Hope your mouth heals up soon...I hate canker sores...they like ruin your whole day, you know? Kind of like when your neck is stiff, makes everything hurt too.

Alicia...yeah, you're the meanest mom ever!!! I feel for you...and know that I'm probably going to have my fair share of "fun" in about 9 years, lol. Hope you get to watch your movie!!

Patricia, gold, lisa, danger, Karen, Jasmine, fighting, everyone I can't remember at the moment...HEY!!!

WEll, I'm off to shower..just had an ab session with Tony (Horton, you know...my boyfriend, haha) and I'm very sweaty...gotta get moving and also have some cleaning up to do before this afternoon. Hope everyone has a super day!!!

Pam

BTW,,Lauren...I did 14 miles this week...I'm counting 40 mins of the Bellydancing class(not the whole hour, there was some down time for explanation) also 8 hours that I forgot to post last week. Thanks girl-y-o!!!
  • Lauren - just a quick note to post miles for the week - I am at 22 miles. Thanks!
  • Dawn & Pam- Gotcha!

Everyone else, if you want me to log your miles, please post them by tonight, or tomorrow AM! For the newbies, 20 min. of exercise = 1 mile, or actual miles. Keep track Sun-Sat.
  • Lauren ~ I keep forgetting to post my miles... could you please put me down for 58 (two weeks worth).

Pam ~ LASIK is TUESDAY!! Man, I'm excited. I'm a teeny tiny bit nervous but I figure that it can't be worse than giving birth! Do you remember how long you had to put drops in afterwards? Have fun tonight... cosmos and buffalo chicken dip ... (drool, drool).

I got in 8 miles this morning. Showered and got the kids bathed as well. The girls insisted on my painting their nails and putting on party dresses for when Mike comes home. It's so sweet to see how much the kids have missed him. Time to go finish up on laundry and cleaning.
  • Joan, I love that your girls are all dressed up for dad!! What a wonderful family you have!! Yes, I put the one drop in for I think two days, then the other for about a week, I believe...Also had to sleep with goggles for a week, just to be sure I didn't rub my eyes. They gave me a mild sedative..I think it was halcion (it was sublingual), and it just made me really relax. Don't know if your doc will do that. I'm so excited for you!! You will be great, and you won't believe how quick it goes!!
  • Oh, and I put artificial tears in as many times as I needed for a few weeks, that was just to keep them from drying...I still use them sometimes, probably should have been using them before, just never knew about them!!
  • Thanks Pam ~ for the compliment and the eye info! My SIL had her surgery in October and she is still putting drops in her eyes. Sounds you were really fortunate in not having to do the drops too long. I've been putting artificial tears in my eyes 4x day for the last week. Someone else told me that taking vitamins really helps too (?). I hope so cause I've been taking vitamins for years. I forgot to ask at my last appointment if a sedative is given... I won't turn it down if it's offered!
  • Evening everyone!!!!

Lauren, could you please put me down for 7 miles this week, thank you. Boy the board has been quiet today.

Joan, I can picture the girls in their dresses, really very sweet!

Pam, hope you're enjoying your company tonight...are the kiddos at gmas?

Hey Mo, hope your mouth is feeling better. Can you go to the DR?

Hey Dawn. BRRR...that is too cold!

Hello everyone else.

No exercise today. I made spaghetti for dinner. DH and DS were so cute. Geez, they were practically salivating. Guess they were hungry. The only meal I can make and sneak lots of veggies in without them noticeing. LOL.

I'm in a delima (sp?) over the window treatments for the living room. Right now I have 3 diff ones hanging up at the window. (trying to decide) I don't like the ones DH and the kids like. I like the other two. Guess I shouldn't have asked, hahha.

My stomach hurt so bad last night. I thought for sure I would be sick. So far today so good. I am super tired though.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!
    Alicia
  • Alicia, you're ahead of me! I still have nothing hanging on my big front window, or my dining room! And I'm the type of person that is always closing the blinds when the lights go on at night, because I'm convinced that people are looking in the window at me when I can't see them. Yeah, I'm a freak like that. Anyway, I think the reason it doesn't bother me that much yet is because I'm at the end of a cul-de-sac, and the guy across the street in a recluse, and the family next to them always have theirs closed. And the guy behind me can't see in my dining room anyway, there's a few big evergreens out back. I just have to get painted before I can do windows, and I need money to paint, etc....it's a whole chain of events... Hope you're feeling better.

Joan, that is absolutely precious that the girls wanted to get dressed up for daddy!
  • Evening all...hope everyone is well.. had a bad day of work (seems like this is becoming a common theme). But i pretty much put my foot down with my field director. Hopefully a resolution will happen byt tues or wed. Essentially when i was hired, I was promised $1200 for continuing ed money (they changed it in March to $600). Well when I got back from my trip, I check my pay stub since I was suppose to be getting reimbursed the 1200 for my trip in Feb. They only gave me $600. My field director told me that she just needs to get approval from the RVP. SO i'm waiting until mid week until i hear back...but i'm so irrate that I will quit if this isn't resolved. It isnt about money per se..but more about broken promises. Things they tell the dr's and don't follow thru. When they hire you, they talk about quality of life for the dr and good pay etc...well so far...not impressed. So needless to say, I pretty much will go looking for a job if this issue isn't resolved. I hate soundling like a baby...but it seems like the last few months, I feel like the company is more concerned about money than anything else. Dh feels bad, because he knows i'm struggling and not happy with work...but he knows i'm doing it for him since he's in school. I think he felt really bad tonight because i told him everything about how i'm feeling and have been feeling for the past few weeks. he is so supportive and trying to figure out what to do..he doesn't want me unhappy. And he knows right now i'm miserable a lot of time at work. We'll see what happens. Sorry I've unloaded...had a bad day.
    hope everyone is well.
  • GG ~ big hug... I remember your being so excited about this job last year. So sorry thing it isn't working out like you'd hoped. Sounds like they're not coming thru for a whole lot of things. I am glad that you're able to spill with DH and he is supportive. Hang in there sister ~ Joan
  • Mornin' All,

GG, that really sucks. I hope you can find something better.

I'm just too tired this AM...see ya' later.