30 Somethings Chat: TGIF, March 7

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hey All!

Jasmine, to you. I hope this is nothing to serious that they can fix...or help, or something??

Good News! My mom had an endoscopy today and she is ulcer free!! And she's been doing pretty good lately being able to eat solid food. She still has the g-tube, and probably will for a bit, just in case, but she's building herself up eating regular food.

Roo, good to see you!

I'm still hovering around the same .5-1lb.

Job is going good. Monday the real fun starts, when I officially (temporarily) have the job. Make sense? Someone said temping was good...I agree...now. I used to hate it, but I agree for the reasons mentioned. If only the last job (EW) was temp!
  • Afternoon everyone!

Lauren, glad there is good news for mom. Sounds like job isn't to bad either? Do you and dh carpool?

GG, good to see you back.

Fighting, sometimes a change of scenery can do a world of good. Soon it will be spring break. Too bad your mom doesn't live in FL though.

Pam, kudoos to you for making dd save her money (LOL) and for having her send out thank you notes. I am sure the other parents will so appreciate that.

Danger, I don't know about game meat but I ate beef and then ribs this week, it just did a number on me. I think it even kept me up at night. I think this upcoming week I'm sticking to chicken. BTW, what's the fly in sheep hunt?

Joan, they're airing P&P (the new one) on either oxygyn or we this sat night. I know dh will be back home but thought I would let you know. Can you believe I missed part 3?

Roo, it's good to see you.

Sheila, Dawn, Hanna, shey, moon, Christina, everyone else hello!

Well my tummy is still quezy today. I wanted to get back in bed, but I didn't. I did my workout and then I went out to run errands. Grabbed a bowl of soup at Panera. Well, thank goodness I stopped in at target. My stomach starting hurting so bad.... My DH keeps asking me how I've kept from getting sick (he's been sick 2 weeks) I told him SHHHH!!!! he's gonna jinx me.

BTW, I just have to get this out there, probably should post on the kids sticky but anyways. My DD is driving me insane!!! I'm turning into Cruella Duville. I yelled at her friend last night. Well, I could go on and on and on. I guess I'll post later on the sticky just to get it out.

Just want to say you are all great. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
    Alicia
  • Danger ~ Damn Girl but you eat some seriously good food! Every day I read your notes and get hungry. I don't eat a lot of red meat and yet it always sounds sooooo good when reading your notes. All of that fresh fish would be sweet too...

Jasmine ~ scary stuff. Thank God for modern medicine and that they were able to figure out what is going on so fast. I remember your mentioning how tired you are always feeling. Now you know the cause and hopefully you'll be able to find good treatment asap. Keep us posted and good luck sweetie.

GG ~ good to have you back!!! We missed you. Bummer about work... Are there some other good job possibilities around your area? What about that other vet that you work with.... isn't she pregnant? Will she be returning to work f/t after baby? I hope so for your sake.

Lauren ~ What is this about your not wanting to take the time to go home and meet DH at lunchtime??? Sheila needs to convince you otherwise;-). Also, excellent news about your mom. How long ago was it that she had her weight loss surgery?

Delta ~ My youngest has never been in ToysRus and she's 5. My 7 year old asked me around Christmas if we could go there because she'd never been before?! I never had really thought of it before but I rarely take the kids to the store. I go when they're at school or go in the evening when Mike is home to watch them. So, I took her so that she could buy the other two a xmas present. She didn't seem too thrilled with it (thank God!).

Roo ~ it's good to see you. Where is the cruise?

Gold ~ I LOVE bacon too. Just not sure that I would though if I worked around pigs all day... eeeekkk. I grew up around hog farms and would not eat pork for years.

Alicia ~ I'd forgotten all about your having Lupus... Do you wear sunscreen during the winter months? Book Club is off to a very good start. I am thrilled with several of the gals that are in it. Super neat ladies.

I went to see a performance last night called, "Rain" (Beatle impersonators). A girlfriend called to ask me if I wanted to go so I got a sitter and I am so glad that I was able to go. The whole audience got involved and at the end I felt like I'd gotten a workout in! Such fun. My honey is coming home tomorrow! Yeah!! Happy Friday all ~ Joan
  • Hi Alicia ~ we were posting at the same time. You, Cruella Deville??? No way. DD has turned a corner, eh? Didn't she just turn 13? When you get frustrated, think back on what good buddies the two of you were just a year or so ago. You'll be that way again... in about 10 years. LOL.

Pam ~ forgot to say HI! Every time that I read about how important the PA primary is going to be I think of you:-). Have a good weekend with Frank and Co.

Sheila ~ fingers crossed that you get some serious relief soon. Have you ever tried a Neti pot? I've mentioned it before on here and I swear that baby has helped me so much. I've gotten so used to using it every morning and I've never taken less sinus/allergy medicine. Mike even took his with him this week when we went out of town. It's so simple and yet so effective.
  • I started my new job today! I have to have my Hep B shots......I hate shots! Other then that I think I'm going to like it!
  • Have a good night everyone! "See you" tomorrow... am off to make dinner and hang out with DS.
  • Hi everyone! Had a cold/snowy day today, and another 6-9" is headed our way...guess I need to dust off the sled and get out there w/ my little one! It's kinda neat to just read everyone's posts and know that we all have our issues--like you're not in this alone.

Moo-Congrats on the new job! Don't worry, the shot will only hurt for a minute...trust me, I'm a nurse! hehe

gold-a hog farm huh? My sister worked as a livestock accountant for a dairy farm!

sheila-hope you get your allergies under control.

hanna-I just finished a great book with knitting as a backdrop..."The Friday Night Knitting Club". It's an excellent book if you like to read.

danger-you eat some wild (no pun intended) stuff! My husband is jealous, and nearly started slobbering when I told him about your sheep hunt!

jasmine-I hope things go well for you, and that there are treatment options available. I used to work for a Hem/Onc doctor, but I've been doing radiation for awhile, so I'm rusty w/ the autoimmune stuff. Maybe I can dig up some info for you.

Hello to everybody else! Have a great weekend.

See everyone later

~Nikki
  • Meat
    Sorry to gloat about the meat. I don't mean to. It's just that when it's all here for the taking... (thanks to my mountain man -thank you Joan)Why buy beef?

Alicia- a fly in Sheep hunt is when you hire a bush pilot to fly you into a mountain range where there is a good population of sheep. It saves days of walking. The rules are that you may not hunt on the day you land. Most areas require that only male sheep are taken, and that their horns have a full curl (the tips end where the base begins) when looking at the animal from the side, or 8 full growth rings. Since the sheep donot stand still while you walk up and count their growth rings, the curl method is the next easiest.

Most areas donot allow access by motorized vehicle except aircraft. So that is why flying in saves days, not to mention, there are really not that many roads up here. Check out a road atlas of alaska some time. It's pretty interesting.

Lauren, glad to hear about your mom.

Have a great weekend everyone
    Laters
  • Hi guys. I'm having computer/DSL issues here. Oh, and velcro baby who doesn't want mommy on the computer. We are ging away for the weekend, but after that, hopefully, we can get my connection issues taken care of!! Hope to see you all soon!
  • Hi ALL! Sorry I've been MIA the past 2 days. Work has been insanely busy, still filling out applications left and right...and now I have something going on w/my mouth. The whole inside of my right cheek is swollen and red and raw-as is the gum waaaaaay up high where it meets the cheek???? I'm in so much pain 'cause I'm gargling/swishing with Listerine like 5 times a day and alternating with hydrogen peroxide to cleanse whatever is going wrong over there. But....it's killing me. Finally last night I had to break down and buy some oral anelgesic crap and swab that all around. Now I'm drooling like I've had all my teeth removed or something. Lovely. I'm convinced when they cleaned my teeth 3 weeks ago they must have done something gross! I'm sure not....but if this is a set of canker sores, they are straight from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!

Needless to say.....I felt sorry for myself and went to McD's for a fishy sandwich and bought some pushups too. 8-( I know, bad since I've actually been doing good the 3 days prior....but I just really wanted something, so I caved. BUT, I didn't eat like crap the whole day. I had Subway for lunch and unfortunately didn't do breakfast.

GGers: Too funny. The VMonster? I LOVE IT! I can't wait to tell her tomorrow what her Auntie P said! LOL I'd tell her now, but she's been crashing early the past wk vs. running on her huge chinchilla wheel!

Sheila: Hey baby! I hope you get on something good fast! I forget, are you on something full time, or during certain seasons? Benadryl knocks me out...I can't take that or I'm literally in a coma like sleep for days. I have to take Allegra & Flonase 2x per day EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR or I get like you! I also am down to just the rescue inhaler which I've still been having to use almost every morning.

Roo: Good to see you back oh hottie hottie boom balottie!

Lauren: Great news about moms! ;-)

Well, I do need to get back to bed lovelieeees, I have Hobby Lobby and Walgreen's on the agenda for the job search today. OH! Guess what? My insurance agent called me and she's switching my company....going to save me $40 PER MONTH on my car insurance for the same coverage I have now! What a Godsend! It won't take effect until June, but I'm super jazzed! AND, with the money I'm getting from the Gov't (that check we get mailed to us in May or June this year just 'cause) will pay off the rest of my income tax payments and that will save me an extra $65 per month!!! Yippee! An extra $100 per month to pay down c/cards and to actually go out w/friends once or twice per month too! I won't know what to do with a social life again. LOL

Sorry I didn't respond to everyone individually. I know, I'm a tool. I'll work on it this weekend after I clean this house (which looks like a tornado hit it) and get some apps in. Something has to break soon.

Hugs, MO