Progress! Wooohoo!

• After an extremely slow start, I have finally begun to show some progress! I adopted my new eating plan (my way of avoiding the d-word) on January 8th, so I'm 59 days in. I've been keeping an Excel file (spread sheet) of my calories (both eaten and burned) and this has been my progress so far:

- During the past 59 days, I went over 1800 calories a day 13 times, mostly at the beginning. During the past 30 days, I went over 1800 calories 4 times, and of those 4 times, only one day did I go over 2000.

- My average caloric intake for the past 59 days was 1576.

- Each day I burned an average of 475 calories more than I ate. At that rate, it would take me an average of 7.4 days to lose one pound.

- Altogether in 59 days, I burned a total of 27,994 calories more than I ate. Divided by 3,500 (the number of calories in a pound), that comes to about 8 lbs.

- I have lost a total of 8.2 lbs.

- Altogether I've done about 52 miles, either on my exercise bike or my real bike. Because of an injury, I spent many days without any exercise at all.

- If I clock 6 miles each day on my exercise bike, I will burn an additional 375 calories a day, almost doubling the number of calories burned over and above my average intake.

- If I don't exercise but keep the same average calorie intake, I will have lost a total of approximately 18 lbs. by June 1.

- If I burn an additional 375 calories per day, keeping the same average calorie intake, I will have lost a total of approximately 30 lbs. by June 1.

OMG I am motivated NOW!!!!
  • Awesome! Slow and steady wins the race!!
  • It feels good to stick with something good for you, doesn't it! Congrats! Pretty interesting what upping the exercise will do for your weightloss - a projected 12 pounds.
  • I like the way you think...and calculate!

I love figuring out the numbers

It's interesting that the number actually match up in your past 59 days! Fascinating!

Linda
  • Wow! Way to go!!! Keep it up!
  • Thanks for posting. Keep up the great work. Consistency is the hardest part to get down. You are doing it! YAY!!!
  • A slow loss is still a loss! It's healthier too. Great job!
  • That's awesome! You post made me smile - I love working out all the numbers too! Pretty much the only time I like math actually!
  • Congratulations on making progress! I love my excel spreadsheets. I have one for daily calorie tracking, exercise, weekly weigh-ins and measurements. The visual confirmation of progress is a great motivational tool.
  • WTG!!! I'm a number freak too and like to keep track of things like that.
  • Congratulations!!
  • Awesome! Sounds like you really are on your way, congratulations!