Looking for cocoa

• I am wanting to get a few suggestions on a good, dark chocolate, low sugar/lower calorie hot cocoa. I haven't been able to find anything to fit that description yet and would love suggestions from others who've found something good for a late night treat every once in awhile. Thanks~
  • Have you thought of making your own? It's quite easy

Buy a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder in the baking aisle. I usually get Hershey's. Add some splenda and a pinch of salt. add in skim milk and heat. Remove from heat and add some vanilla extract if you like.

You can also make a powdered dry mix up with dry non fat milk, cocoa powder and splenda. I usually use 1/3 of each in a batch and then add a couple of Tablespoons to a cup and add boiling water Can also add cinnamon too.

If you don't use splenda you can always use real sugar, stevia or some other swetener
  • Linda, that's how we always made cocoa when I was a kid - there were no packaged cocoa mixes back in the dark ages of the early 50's.
  • I'd be lost without good cocoa powder to quell the chocolate- once in a while. I find that plain FF/NSA yogurt is absolutely a little bit of heaven with some cocoa and some Splenda (or your sweetener of choice) stirred into it.
  • I was contemplating it Linda, but I wasn't sure on the quantities, so thanks so much for the recipe! I knew I should've bought that Hershey's powder today at the store, lol. Oh well I have a couple things to run out and do tomorrow so I'll have some tomorrow night for my treat!

Ooooo I might have to try that yogurt suggestion, it sounds divine! And if you get it almost frozen it would be like frozen chocolate yogurt or ice cream! MMMM!
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder is also yummy added into oatmeal w/ your sweetener of choice!