On to the longest part of the journey after losing 350 pounds -

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Charles, I have read your story before, and I have to say I am amazed and inspired each time I read it. I started with a similar weight as you did, and as of today I am down to 478lbs in 64 days. I have averaged a 1lb per day loss so far and know I have a long road ahead of me, but with people like you sharing your journey it gives me hope, and I know I will be the next success story. I want to sincerely thank you for posting your story and making it public.

As Ever
    Me

The thing that probably kept me 300 plus pounds overweight for the better part of 20 years was thinking of the long road in front of me. It was only when I could stop looking at having to lose 100's of pounds and work on just eating what I wanted to eat - what I planned to eat each meal, each day - each week and let the future take care of itself. Time was going to go by anyway - why not let it go by getting fitter and stronger each day?

I know you can do it. You deserve it.

I wish you all the best!
  • Congratulations on all of your achievements! I love the picture of you with the soccer ball on the People magazine site! You look soooo happy!

Kara
  • You are so awesome Charles. Keep us updated on the TLC show. Have you ever thought about contacting Oprah or Dr. Phil? I just saw two of the people who were part of the half their size edition on Oprah. And in my opinion, you are far more impressive.

Bravo, bravo. You are truly, simply amazing.
  • Oh Charles. I am sooo happy for you, I can't even begin to tell you. I have read your story here on 3FC and of course bought the People issue when it came out last year. But hearing it again and hearing the update has literally brought to my eyes.

I know my life has changed drastically having lost 165 lbs, so therefore I can only imagine how much YOURS must have changed. How wonderful and marvelous and PHENOMENAL you must feel. I'm so glad to hear that you are living an active, full, productive, healthy life. Your bride is beautiful and I hope you spend many healthy and joyous years together.

Wishing you all the best.
  • WOW You are just awesome! A true inspiration and I wish you and your lovely wife the best.
  • Thanks for sharing a up date of your story so far. It is so inspirational to others here on 3fc. I wish you a speedy recovery after your surgery.
  • Charles, you rock.
  • You are truly inspiring!
  • Hi Charles -

Just wanted to say I'm REALLY happy for you.

(I'm a fellow MFDer)

-muse
  • Charles,
    Your story is such an inspiration!! It made me cry when I read it (to know that I can do this!). I to have been morbidly obese for more than 25 years. I am currently trying to lose weight by going to Metabolic Research Center. I just began on Easter Sunday, but I have lost 10.4 lbs so far. Thank you for posting your story. When will your story be on TLC?
    Sharon
  • wow great job, congrats!
  • Awesome Charles and congrats again on all your success! Any update on when your episode is going to air?
  • I have no words, it's unbelievable! The way you put yourself through that journey and the way you found love after that... You could make a movie!
    I wish you all the happiness!
  • Bravo!!
  • I'm absolutely speechless...
    Thank you for your inspiration...
    The whole world should know of your determination and success...