New to the site, but not dieting!

• Hi,

My name is Molly and I have been trying to get to my goal weight for almost a year. Here is my story:

I started Nutrisystem in April 2007. I weighed 189 when I started the program. Over the course of 6 months I lost 27 lbs. I still had 13 to go until I reached my goal of 149, but I never quite got there. I found that 162 was a good weight for me to stay at and maintained until around the Christmas holidays. December was one of the worst months ever for me, as I had a miscarriage and my wonderful grandfather died.

Due to all the stress, I started eating for comfort. I knew the weight was slowly coming back on, but I told myself I could get it off anytime I wanted. 2 lbs turned to 4, and 4 turned to 6, etc. I got on the scale yesterday and saw 172! A number I hadn't seen in months! I had gained 10 lbs. and it is time to do something.

I started watching yesterday and had lost 2.8 lbs. I know most of it is water weight, but it was still nice to see the number get back into the 160's. I am going to set up a few mini-goals to keep me motivated along the way.I want to get to my original goal of 149.

My first goal will be 159.9. Not sure what I will use as my reward, but I have time to think about it.

Wish me luck!

I want to get to my original goal of 149.
  • Hi! Welcome to 3FC. We are pretty similar, i'm also 5'6" and right now weigh 168, trying to get down to 146. hopefully we can both make the 140s quickly!
  • Nutrition--we are very similar in stats! How old are you? When did you join? It will be nice to have someone to compare things with if you don't mind?!

Thanks,

Molly
  • Hi Molly

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses over the holidays.

Please check out the site & post wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success!!
  • Thanks everyone!

I can use all the support I can get!!
  • Quote: Nutrition--we are very similar in stats! How old are you? When did you join? It will be nice to have someone to compare things with if you don't mind?!

Thanks,

Molly
    I'm 23...i just joined in february, but i started this whole weight loss thing the day after christmas, at 196lbs. I'm definitely up for keeping track of each other and supporting each other, feel free to PM me whenever you like!
  • Nutrition-you've done great losing the amount of weight in a short amount of time! I read your profile and as busy as you are that's amazing! Congrats and keep it up.

I myself am 40 and a married mom of 3 girls-ages 17,14 and 12. I work as a bookkeeper. Between the girls, dh and work it's hard to find the time to eat right. We are always grabbing fast food and that is one of my big downfalls. I enjoy the occasional beer and that doesn't help either.

I'm really wanting to do this and start back with my exercising. I go to Curves and I love to golf, but with the weather being crappy, I won't get to golf until spring. I can't wait!
  • okay.. I looked at your picture & then when I read you are 40 I nearly fell off my chair!!! You look awesome
  • Puppies-you make an old girl feel good!!!

By the way I have 2 puppies my self--a papillon and pekingnese mix! I love them so much!!