Need a lap band buddy!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello,

My psyciatric evaluator says that I need a Lap Band buddy! Someone who has been through it to help me out Any takers?
  • i will! i just had mine jan 28th. when is yours scheduled?
  • We can all help... just holler

Welcome to 3FC's WLS Chickies.
  • mine should be the end of march beginning of april
  • well good luck. keep us informed...
  • Lap Band Buddy
    Hi, I am new to this message board, and I am also looking for a Lap band Buddy. i am currently in Post op, with a surgery date of 3/24/08.
  • Quote: Hi, I am new to this message board, and I am also looking for a Lap band Buddy. i am currently in Post op, with a surgery date of 3/24/08.
    Well howdy neighbor... I'm only a few towns away from you. Congrats on your surgery date

• WEST MILFORD!!!!!! I'm just down the hill from you!!!!!!! just past route 287!

are you getting your lapband at Chilton?
  • I am actually getting the lap band done in Hackensack. The Dr. In Chilton did not take my medical Insurance. So I had no choice to have it in Hackensack. Congrats on your weight loss, wow! I need motivation and i am glad I found this message board. There are so many out there, however I have never been able to find local people that had the lap band done. I am almost 30 and It is time for me to start my life healthy. How do I add the ticker to the bottom of my post?
  • OMG are you having Dr. Ballantyne (sp??? forgot how to spell his name LOL) do it ??

I had mine done at Hackensack too.... its a WONDERFUL hospital.

• just between us girls, i think you're better off at hackensack because of the quality of the nursing care.
  • Well it looks like my date is pushed once again. Month 3 waiting on Insurance Coverage. Ugh.. I wish paperwork would happen allready.
  • me too
    I feel I sorta fit in here. I have completed my 6 mos of doc visits and blue cross has approved my lapband surgery. I have an appt scheduled April 1 with my doc for I guess pre-surgery stuff. Then I am told it will be 4-6 weeks b4 my surgery is scheduled. Not really knowing why it takes that long is frustrating. I guess they have their reasons and will tell me April 1 appt.

So, I guess my surgery won't be till May or June which is a bummer, as I seem to be gaining weight daily. Just can't find any control. Looking forward to getting to know some friends here to take the journey with.

Thanks!
  • Hey there Misty..got your pm and thanks! It seems I can't pm you back or anyone until I have posted 10 times? I put myself back on weight watchers today to lose a few cuz I am miserable! I can't wear any of my clothes comfortably. I can't sleep cuz I binge all day and am uncomfortable at night and have to get up to pee about 6 times a night. I guess it is b/c of all the carbs and salt consumed during the day, holds in the water? I don't pee much during the day.but boy do I at night..I have no energy and am sleep deprived. Not functioning very well in the day. I've gotta get some weight off since lapband is not till May.
  • Quote: Well it looks like my date is pushed once again. Month 3 waiting on Insurance Coverage. Ugh.. I wish paperwork would happen allready.

Who is your doctor ??