Marching into Phase I!

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • I would have had dressing, but I was eating my salad on the run yesterday as I tried to get to my German class after work! I felt like a rabbit, nibbling on my greens!

Speaking of which, I saw the cutest baby bunnies yesterday, got me in the easter spirit.
  • uscarchie: You're on Day 10, right? I'd certainly start tweaking some of my menu if I were in your position. The cheese could definitely be a culprit. Too much cheese on P1 has the same effect for me. I didn't see any legumes in there, so maybe throw 1/3 c. of beans into a salad for a meal or snack. (My favs are rinsed and drained red kidney beans and chickpeas.) If none of the above seems do-able for you, maybe just do your best the next 4 days and make sure that your first P2 add-in is full of fiber.

If you were on day 2-5, I'd just say give it time because maybe your digestive system is adjusting to this new WOE.

Again, this is just what I would do in your situation. Don't want to be the lady that tells everyone how to eat!! (And also, just my interpretations of SB - I could be wrong, but I think I have a handle on the fundamentals.)

~Kim
  • That's a good idea- I will add some beans in with dinner tonight. That would be delicious.

Thanks!
  • usarchie, kim gave some good advice, definitely add some beans. I agree it could be the cheese. To counter, try veggies, veggies, veggies, and lots of water!

By the way, I had a bad experience with the jelly beans. Haven't wanted to go near them again!
  • usarchie - if the belgian waffles bothered you, it could also be the sweetener. They don't set well with me, either. Steamed cauliflower is a very sweet veggie, and very good for you - it has more vitamin C than an orange does (among other vitamins). It's great in fiber, too.
  • Welcome PrincessGail! I have been on SB before and had a lot of success with it. I got away from the good eating habits and gained weight. So, I'm back to the beach again.

Tips for you - DEFINITELY go to the store and stock up. Get most of your ingredients from the produce department. LOTS OF VEGGIES! Also, get the SF/FF fudgesicles. They are great on their own or mix one with a tbsp of peanut butter and some cool whip. It tastes like reese cups!

I couldn't have done this diet before without sf sweets.

Good luck and using this site to track your progress (and it gives you accountability) is a great way to stay motivated.

Best wishes!
  • Phase one complete!
    yay! i've made it now on to P2. had a few rough days..so glad i could vent and get support from you chicas. thanx!
    i lost a total of 10 lbs even though i cheated a wee bit (oatmeal once, the occasional apple) now all i need to complete my happiness is a ticker!!!!
  • jandaman, and congratulations for a fantastic loss! You should be able to create a ticker now, with over 30 posts.
  • Quote: yay! i've made it now on to P2. had a few rough days..so glad i could vent and get support from you chicas. thanx!
    i lost a total of 10 lbs even though i cheated a wee bit (oatmeal once, the occasional apple) now all i need to complete my happiness is a ticker!!!!

Congrats! I hope my results for P1 are similar! You did a great job and good luck moving into P2!
  • Day 4, Phase 1

Saus/Chz Cup
    4 oz. LS V8
    12 oz. Coffee, 3 splenda
    3 T. Skim milk

1 c. taco bake
    Salad
    1 SB PB Cup

1/2 c. taco bake

Salmon Taco Filling (DH will get corn tortillas and I will have salad)
    1 c. sauteed peppers
    2 SF Fudgesicle

1 SB PB Cup
    1 c. skim milk

H2O: 60 oz
    Exercise: nothing
  • Thank you Kim, Schmoodle, and Krystal for the advice. I usually don't eat a lot of beans, and last night I tried some kidney beans... they were delicious! I brought the leftovers in to eat with lunch today.

Yay to Jandaman for finishing P1! I'll be there in 3 more days! I'm very excited, and although I don't particularly want to eat more salads, this part of the diet isn't very hard. I haven't been hungry at all- most of the time I feel like I'm snacking not because I'm hungry but because I'm supposed to.
  • Quote: I usually don't eat a lot of beans, and last night I tried some kidney beans... they were delicious! I brought the leftovers in to eat with lunch today.
    I'm the same way. I don't know what it is, but legumes scare the crap out of me! It is SO weird! The first time I had a can of chickpeas I was like, "what the heck do I do with these?!?!" Now that I'm getting used to them it's a lot better. I really can't handle P1 without them. I really get headaches and what-not when I'm not getting my beans in!

3 more days to go!!! You can do this!!!
  • I am on day 11. I'm down 9 pounds so far! I had 1 very rough day where I was craving carbs. That day and the day before, I hadnt lost any weight and was discouraged. I tried to talk myself into switching over to a low cal eating plan just because I wanted something sweet at that very moment. But I held on and didnt cave. My eating issues are rarely due to hunger. I'm an emotional eater and sugary foods are my biggest comfort. I have found that a cup of decaf coffee with 2 tblsp davinci SF syrup is enough to get me past any craving for sweets.

Last night, I discovered that if you microwave turkey bacon, you can get it very crispy if you cook it for a loooong time. I tried 1 minute, then another, then 2 more than another one, checking it each time. I liked it so much that I decided to cook 2 pieces for this morning. Remembering how long it took for the first pieces to cook, I just set the microwave at 5 minutes and walked away. They caught on fire and black smoke billowed out, stinking up my whole kitchen. Hubby carried the microwave out onto the porch to air out. After a good scrubbing today, the mike is working again...had my doubts! Moral of the story: Always cook at intervals when cooking foods for longer than the package says!

• We had a lunch presentation today, and after my lunch walk, I went to catch the tail end of it- the presenters brought a HUGE plate of cookies... I sat on the other end of the table, ate my turkey roll up and leftover beans, and was able to thoroughly ignore the siren call of the cookies. I don't understand why every rep decides they need to bring us in sugary treats, but I'm doing really great at not having any. I don't even really crave it right now. Not to say that it doesn't look delicious, but it isn't that hard to say no.

I didn't weigh myself this morning, but yesterday I was 16 lbs down from my recorded heaviest, and probably 12 lbs down since I started P1. My jeans are all too big on me. I need to invest in a belt. Because buying new jeans all the time will get expensive! Although the feeling is pretty good.
  • Quote: Because buying new jeans all the time will get expensive!
    I'm taking stock of my closet tonight for this very reason. I'm fairly certain that I have at least two pairs of jeans in each of the next couple of sizes. I'm an 18 now and know that I have 2-16s and 2-14s and most likely 4-12s because I maintained there for about a year. I think I've got some 10s and 6s, but that was so long ago that they may not be in style anymore!

Congrats on the baggy jeans - you earned a new belt!!