Cool Runners - March 2008

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • Same socks and shoes as always. Maybe I was running weird? Thanks for the ideas all!

Hey newbies! Glad we have some new friends stopping by!

Oooo, Helen, how very exciting! Two weeks!!! I can't wait to hear your race report!

Kara
  • Today was cross training for me so I went on a nice bike ride.
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend because Monday is almost here!
  • Quote: Today was cross training for me so I went on a nice bike ride.
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend because Monday is almost here!
    LOVE the name! Fight Club was an excellent flick.
  • Quote: LOVE the name! Fight Club was an excellent flick.
    Yeah, if you're going to have an alter-ego, why not go with Tyler right? Crazy as all get-out, but oh-so ripped!

I've got a rest day on my schedule today, so if someone could go out and run some miles and send them my way I'd be grateful. Ha.
  • Six miles today! My personal best. Sorry, Tyler. Not sharing today.

I do have a question for our knowledgable group, though. I have a hard time taking true rest days. I either cross-train with swimming or the elliptical or walk. Sundays are my "rest days," and I refuse to work, shop, or do anything stressful on Sundays (except in emergencies). But I love to either grab my MP3 player or a couple of kids and just walk for two or three hours on Sunday afternoon. I don't do it for exercise, but clearly it's causing stress on my legs. How bad is it to do cardio every day (and occasionally a couple of times a day) while training for a half-marathon?
  • laurie....just walking should be fine
  • Hhmm...can I join in on the March thread when there's 34 minutes left in the month?

I've been on and off 3FC a few times, and I'm back again tonight. I'm very happy to see a running thread! I'm on week 6 of getting back to working out seriously, and I've gone from barely able to run for five minutes to easily doing 4.5 mile runs. My goal is to run a half marathon this summer and there's a local clinic starting up next month that I'm hopefully going to be entering. I ran my first (and only, so far!) half marathon almost 6 years, one baby, and 50 lbs ago. It's a bit different this time around but I'm really enjoying the huge change in my fitness level already.
  • Kim, of course you can join! I just started an April thread, so go post up there! I'm a "momma moo cow" too! My "baby" is almost two, though, so I don't know how much longer that is going to last...

Kara