Worldly Chicks Move It in Maui for March

You're on Page 2 of 28
Go to
  • Ruth~so happy to hear you are out and about! Take it easy on your knee, and keep your trips short. I am looking to go to the library this week...can anyone reccommend any good books???

Happy~so nice not to have to clean the litter boxes! hope your allergies are a little better next time you go. I love cats, but because of DH and DS having asthma we can't have one.

Shad~all your cleaning is putting me to shame...I really have to get on the ball. Spring is starting to come out a little, so I need to get moving.

Mel~I had our alarm go off a 2 am once...I wanted to smash it with DH's baseball bat. hopefully yours will calm down once it has a new battery.

Holly~aloha right back at you...hope things are well!

Well, got up to about 50 today...spring is in the air...sad thing is that is supposed to snow again this week. all this snow and then meling the rivers are up pretty high, and most field have standing water on them. Had Confirmations this AM at church, was very nice. The kiddies did well with the extra long service. Went for brekie/lunch around 2pm.
    If the rain stays away we will have a fire...just trying to relax b4 the start of the week.

Later Chicas
  • Morning all,

Ruth You go girl. Soon you'll be back at the gym doing upper body work. Nothing like sitting down on the job and waving the arms about!!!! Can only get better from here on in.
    Great picture of the lily too. Looks like spring is going to make it when you see these starting to come in.

Happy - well done with the cats. I can just see you playing with the little critturs. And then they curl up on you and look at you with those big eyes before going off to sleep. Such trust. Apart from my little b*tch they generally tend to get over most of their trauma and live normal and happy lives. Latest with Sunday is that she is not a cat! oh no! she is a human. She wants cereal fruit and yoghurt for breakfast now and not her very expensive biscuits. Strange lady that one.
    I had experience with the shiny laminate at the flat in Perth. It does look good but shows every little mark and horror of horrors the one I had had a dark green and black surface with a white underlay and everytime it scratched all this white showed up. I can imagine it when it is getting old. Actually no, I did not scratch it myself. The person before me had put some black stuff (probably shoe polish) on it and every time I cleaned it, another scratch showed up. The one you are looking for is Caesar Stone, shiny not scratchy and bl**dy expensive. Your tastes are more expensive than mine.

DB2 did go to NZ - back last October. He went to a school reunion. He's well back and doing his thing. He's also changed address and is living with the rest of his family again. There is a very long and complicated story to this, but I will just bore you with the short version. His ex wife had been living with another bloke along with his kids and her kids. They seemed to be getting along very well. He was rather nice actually. For some reason, and I haven't yet sorted out what it was, the ex and kids were asked to leave. They decided to buy a house, but even combining the two wages of ex wife and DNiece they could not obtain a big enough loan to buy a house. Enter left stage DB2 - now remember I am in Perth during this and DS2 is not told until much later. So they 'invite' DB2 to 'invest' with them. They will buy a 4 bedroom place and each can have their own space. It has happened and DB2 has given up his place in the country and moved in. He seems to be taking it well. It is forcing him to save in a roundabout fashion. He gets to see a lot more of the kids. For the moment all is light and fluffy. He actually seems to be better in himself for all this. We are doing 6 monthly assessments and will see how things pan out. Very carefully I am pointing out pitfalls as I see them and trying to get him to look at these before the hammer falls. I welcome the improvement, I do not want for him to go back to how he was before.

Okay - gym, shower, breakfast and coffee are done, I should get off here and get on with my day. I have a bit more to do in the bathroom and on with the bedroom. I still have much to clear, pack, chuck and clean. Have a good Sunday/ Monday my friends.
  • Aloha I'm doing the hula the best I know how.

Happy
    Your experience has probably been had by all. It does make for a cute story.

I've been to Paragould and back. I did get to go visit with my cousin-her mom and sister. I didn't want to go into her room just yet. She is still on a ventilator and she's not out of the woods yet, but her mom has hope. The doctor has her on two different kinds of antibiotics and is beginning to respond to the treatment.

I bought a new outfit today to wear to my nephew's wedding in May. I could get into the large but decided to buy the extra large. The large still showed to many flaws in the contours of my body. he he.

Today was so warm.
  • Oh it is nice to be back home. MELODY keep you cotton picken fingers off my little smiles lol.
  • Developing a slight twitch from Shad's "back to the gym" remark. Maybe next week? It's climbing the stairs to the second floor that will be the killer although going down is harder. Maybe for St. Patrick's Day?

Rennie, yup - home is best.

Upswife, relaxing by the fire is an excellent way to prepare for a week. I hope you enjoyed it. We are pretty sick of the damned snow here too!

Ceejay, I hope your cousin is over the hump. Good decision on the wedding dress - you can always take it in a bit but letting out is impossible, IMHO.

Today's excursion, weather permitting, will be a trip to the Library and the grocery store in the next town - ten minute drive. Hershey is a bit concerned about the weather prediction and is being really sucky and cuddly. I think she worries about being kicked out into the storm. I can usually tell bad weather is on the way by her behaviour.

Have a marvelous and motivated Monday, Worldlies.
  • I WILL BE BACK LATER. THE ALARM MAN IS HERE AND NO ONE ELSE IS YET

RUTH~ I'M JUST A PERKY KIND GAL AND I AM SOOO VERY HAPPY TO HEAR YOU GOT OUT AND ABOUT! I KNOPW THAT FEELING!!!
    BUT....DON'T GO HOG WILD OR YOU WILL END UP BACK IN THE D A M N HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good morning ladies,

I took a flying tumble yesterday. I was up by the pool and was sweeping up while I was waiting for the pump to drain the excess rainwater off the cover. DH has the cover bungie corded to the wrought iron fence so it won't blow away or sink down into the pool. This of course leads to a precarious situation with literally "trip wires" all around the pool. I was telling myself "be careful of the bungies" and I was walking and something distracted me. Next thing I know, my feet are tangled and I am trying my best to stay upright. I slammed down on the cement deck. Broke my d*mn boobs I did! My hands slid on the rocky cement and I took it worse on my right side. I tore my thumb up on my left hand and my palm and elbow on my right. Made a bloody mess of one of my favorite shirts too. Oh well, I'm just glad I didn't break anything.

I was cleaning out the dead leaves on the azaleas and though they are not blooming yet, several of the other early spring flowers are. We are supposed to get strong storms this afternoon as the cold front moves in but it looks like we will avoid the snow.

They are talking snow up in Jonesboro Ceejay so you might see a bit of it your way. There's an undergarment called Spanx that is really good at smoothing the little bulgy lines out when you need a little extra help. It's good for light colored pants too which show alot of shadows and sins.

Mel - I hope you don't have a bunch of alarms going off! Tell the man to come back when it's warm outside

Good to be getting out of the house Ruth - no stopping you now

Hope you don't get more snow Ellen. Must be tired of the stuff by now.

Shad - that sounds like a more stable enviornment for DB2 - hope it holds up well.

Rennie.

Time to get to work for this banged up chick. Talk to you later, love to the rest of the crew
  • OUch Happy!! Take care.

Nice to see you out and about Miss Ruthie. I had a hard weekend mentally. I am very, very tired of winter. Mostly driving in it. That said, the kids and I spent more than 3 hours at an outdoor rink yesterday and it was a blast.

it is +5C today and very windy. I have all the windows open and am cleaning. Feeling less overwhelmed by life in general today.
  • HAPPY I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT FALL....AND COULD YOU HAVE HURT MANY KORE PARTS AT ONE TIME??? THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T FALL INTO THE DANG POOL!!!! HPE THE STIFFNESS AND SORENESS ISN'T TOO BAD AT WORK

CEEJAY~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE ANTIBIOTICS AND HOPE SHE WILL BE MUCH BETTER SOON. MUST BE TOUGH ON THE MOM ALSO :hig: FOR ALL OF YOU!!
    GLAD YOU GOT THE DRESS...NOW YOU'RE ALREADY FOR MAY!!

SHAD~ I AM GLAD THOINGS ARE STILL WORKING OUT FOR DB2..I WAS THINKING ABOUT HIM WHEN DEAR OLD DAD KEEPS ASKING JEN TO MOVE OUT BY HIM. THEY STILL HAVE NOT SAID YAY OR NAY YET. MAY DB2'S LIFE CONTINUE ON A GOOD JOURNEY!!! AND I CAN JUST HEAR YOUR 5 MONTH ASSESSMENTS!

THIS IS AS MUCH AS I COULD READ FOR NOW. IT'S LIKE TRYINT TO READ WHILE CRYING. MUST BE ALL THE SMELLS IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM. WE ALSO HAVE A LEAK. SO BOTH PLUMBER AND ELECTRICIAN WERE HERE!
    LOVELY DAY. SUPPOSED TO GET INTO THE 50'S THIS WEEK. GUESS THE COLD AIR WENT SOUTH
    WILL CHAT LATER OR TOMORROW
  • Happy, ouch!!! First your attempted cake-icide, now trying to take a swan dive into a swampy pool? I feel for you, I really do. You must be so sore today.
    By the way, I thought your attempt to sway the electorate was very cute. Next time there's a bake-off, remind me to give you my recipe for flourless chocolate cake. It looks quite innocuous, but is absolutely killer. And there's room on top to put pleading messages too...

Mel, which alarm was it that went off? If it was a smoke detector, shouldn't your friendly firefighters have been there to check things out?
    I hope for both your sake and Jen's that she doesn't go take care of Ritchie's father. From earlier posts he doesn't sound like a very nice man, and didn't he have a girlfriend with him on the cruise? Couldn't she look after him? Can't he look after himself? I'm not trying to be uncharitable, but from previous posts I got the impression he was pretty controlling, and I'd hate to see her being used.

Shad, how go the kitchen plans? When I finally do mine, I think I'll go for a good-quality laminate, especially as I wouldn't have any seams, just cutouts for sink and cooktop. Then again, I have a very bad habit of 'forgetting' to use a cutting board...
    I hope for DB2's sake that the new living arrangement pans out. I'd be concerned about what will happen to him if the ex reconciles with the boyfriend, or finds someone new. that it all works out.

Ruth, good for you braving the snow and ice! I have a feeling getting out and about is the best thing you cand do for that knee. Just make sure not to pull a Happy on the ice!!!

Shy, you say you're glad to be back home - where did you go? Did you have a good time? Watch those little siggie guys like a hawk - If this morning's wasn't just an aberration, I'll be stealing one of the little fellows myself! (Official weigh-in is Wednesday.)

Ceejay, lucky you with the warm weather! It's actually raining here today, but the snow will be back later in the week. We barely escaped some nasty freezing rain. What colour is the new outfit?

As part of my conversion to WW, I'm always on the lookout for fast, easy, light and tasty recipes. Here's one I really enjoyed. you can use any kind of whitefish for it.
    In a micro-steam bag (Glad and Ziploc both worked) place a few fillets of frozen fish; add a splash of Worcestershire sauce, some chopped green onions, a few capers, and a couple of anchovies chopped into smaller peieces. Steam until done (follow directions on the bag) and serve over 90-second brown rice with a huge pile of steamed veg. Yummm.

I missed spinning on Friday, and spent much of the weekend on the heating pad and muscle relaxants after waking up with an annoying muscle spasm in my neck/shoulder. It's still there but much better, so I'll be back in the saddle tonight. Then a 'friend' send me a link to an on-line game called Free Rice.... The idea is that as you play you're improving your vocabulary and at the same time providing free rice for starving people in Africa. Any of you who like word games might like it, but be forewarned - it consumes vast amounts of time, and is wildly addictive. I'm trying to wean myself off it bit by bit.

Last week I finally went out and bought some jeans that fit a bit better, and also a pair of black pants that fit extremely well. So I can turf out the awful stuff I'd been wearing for so long. I was trying to hold out until I could just wear the smaller clothes waiting in the closet, but it's a very slow process, and I finally decided I deserved better. Of course I was lucky to find what I needed, and at a very reasonable price! (Since standard sizes don't fit me well I don't really like clothes-shopping unless I'm very slim, and I tend to assume there'd be nothing out there for me. Always a shock to find anything...)

I guess that'll be all for now. I hear lunch calling...

to Holly, Annie, Shaker, upswife, and Madcat lying in the sun down south.
  • cake-icide Carla - you sure are a hoot! OMG - flourless chocolate cake. My 2 most favorite desserts in the world - I eat them twice a year - on birthday and anniversary (which is Wednesday) - creme brulee and flourless chocolate cake. ok, down girl. Did I use up any WW points just thinking about it? And here I was having such a stellar on-plan day

Hope your kink works out Carla. Those things can be buggers, especially if you can't "pull them out". Good for you on getting good fitting pants. I think we all have a tendency to wear baggy, ill fitting clothing - either to hide yards and yards of body with yards and yards of fabric - or we are on the way down the scale and don't want to buy new stuff in interim sizes we don't intend to stay at. But the truth is, good fitting clothing will not only make you look good (and often quite thinner than the bulky stuff) but you will feel better about yourself too. So even if you just do like the rich and have a few good, classic pieces that you can swap in and out, you'll feel better for it. Last week I dug out a jacket from the back of the closet and the reaction I got (quite unexpected) reinforced that point about good fitting clothes. So know that you didn't waste your money Carla. I'll bet you look fab.

Your recipe sounded good UNTIL I got to the anchovies. Awk, eeeeeeee, no thank you very much as she runs screaming away. Now I loves me my fisheys but anchovies are not only salty but too fishy for this chick. When I first discovered Ceaser salad I had to always remember to ask if they put anchovies in there. I think enough people said no so they don't do that anymore. Probably a bummer for those of you that like them. I have some of those steamer bags but haven't tried them yet. I am still a bit concerned about cooking food and leaching plastic bags.

Shad - I did look at Caesarstone (sp?) - didn't like any of it. Good thing because it IS expensive. I would rather do laminate in this house too considering we won't be here long enough to make the investment worthwhile but we'll see what we decide as we get closer to it.

I don't know Mel - if the eyes are bothering you that much, maybe you have to ease out of the office duties at your place. We can't have you all smeary eyed - we need you bright and bushy tailed for here Go run outside and take a sniff of the 50's temps, they say there is more icky weather headed your way.

Holly - playing in the cold weather is ALWAYS more fun than driving in it. I always said, winter isn't so bad if you can bundle up, stay inside and don't ever have to go out in it. When does winter "end" for you guys up north?

Lunch is over, back to work for me.
  • OK I WENT BACK AND READ THE REST.
    RUTH...WHEN YOU ASKED HAPPY IF SHE HAD A VIDEO OF THE SLIDING CAKE COMEDY ROUTINE I ABOUT SPIT SELTZER ALL OVER MY COMPUTER SCREEN OMG I CRACKED UP!! I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD MAKE A MINI SERIES JUST BY FOLLOWING OUR HAPPY AROUND!!

HAPPY~ SORRY ABOUT THE ALLERGY BUSINESS. I WAS GOING TO ASK IF THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA....BUT THEN YOU ARE OVER 21 WHEN I GO FOOD SHOPPING AROUND EASTER AND MOTHER'S DAY I HAVE TO TAKE ZYRTEC BEFORE I GO!!! BUT IT WAS NICE OF YOU GUYS. SORRY ABOUT THE TICKETS!!! SHOULD I BE SENDING AN APPLICATION DOWN TO YOU TWO FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE APARTMENT HERE?????

ELLEN~ WAS THAT A FIRE IN YOUR OWN FIREPLACE? I OFTEN WONDERED IOF WHEN IT RAINS YOU CAN HAVE ONE OR NOT. OR WAS THAT A PATIO FIREPLACE?
    EITHER WAY...WISH I WAS THERE!

THEY FIXED OUR BUILDING'S FFIRE ALARMS WITH BIGGER AND BETTER RECHARGABLE BATTERIES. NOW I WON'T BE HAVING TO RUN DOWN AND RESET THEM EVERYTIME ONE RUNS LOW. WE ONLY HAVE 3 BATTERIES...WHAT WAS SO HARD ABOUT WATCHING THEIR DATES. THEY WERE PRINTED RIGHT ON THE FRONT OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! 05/04!!!!!! THE PLUMBER HAS BEEN AND GONE AND WE SPRUNG ANOTHER LEAK WHILE HE WAS HERE! VERY BUSY MAINTENANCE DEPT TODAY!! SERVES THEM RIGHT...I DID THEIR WORK OVER THE WEEKEND! JOHN AND I WENT FOR A WALK AND HASHED OUT SOME STUFF. HE FEELS BADLY THAT HE HEAPED SO MUCH ON ME AND HADN'T REALIZED THE AMOUNT. WE HAVE BOTH COME TO GRIPS WITH MY TAKING A FEW STEPS BACKWARDS. TOLD ME HOW MUCH HE MISSES ME ALREADY IT'S 55 DEGREES AND WE WALKED IN OUR SHIRTSLEEVES. GOTTA LOVE THE FEELING OF THE SUN ON YOUR FACE. SO MILD OUTSIDE YOU COULD FEEL THE WWARMTH THE RAIN IS ON IT'S WAY FOR A DAY OR TWO....THAT'S OK....I CAN BE PATIENT!

OK CHICKS...GOTTA GO. LOVE TO ALL
  • Happy, ouch!!! First your attempted cake-icide, now trying to take a swan dive into a swampy pool? I feel for you, I really do. You must be so sore today. CARLA...SOMEHOW I DON'T HEAR THE SINCERITY IN YOUR POST YES JEN IS AWARE OF RICHIE'S DAD AND HIS IDEA OF "CONTROL" BUT IN ACTUALITY HE CONTROLS NOTHING. JUST A SCARED OLD MAN NOW. THE GIRLFRIEND IS STILL THERE BUT HE IS JUST AFRAID TO BE ALONE. JEN IS GETTING WAITED ON NOW AND THE GF IS TRYING TO FATTEN HER UP. SEEMS LIKE JEN IS GETTING THE BETTER DEAL RIGHT NOW. AND A WASHER, DRYER, DISHWASHER AND A BACK YARD TO BOOT.....AND A HOT TUB!! I FORGOT. HE EVEN LETS HER DRIVE THE CADILLAC NOW!! ROFLMAO SO FOR THE TIME BEING THEY ARE THERE MON-FRI AND COME HERE ON THE WEEKENDS. WAIT TILL THE FIRST FIGHT COMES!!!
    HOPE YOUR MUSCLE FEELS BETTER. NOTHING WORSE THAN THAT...UNLESS IT'S A TOOTHACHE!!! ET WELL SOON. I SHOULD GET SOME STUFF FOR SUMMER TOO NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT....I COULD USE SOME NEW PANTS. HAVE FUN!!

HAPPY AGAIN.....I AM WITH YOU KID...ANCHOVIES I ALMOST LOST MY LUNCH WHEN I GOT TO THAT PART. BUT THEN THE FISH TURNED ME OFF TOO IS WORK SLOW?? HAVE YOU NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BE HERE ALL DAY?? ARE YOU SORE YET??? GOD WHAT A FALL!! MY EYES ARE LIKE READING THRU A GLASS PANE WITH SOME VASELINE ON IT. I TRY NOT TO DRIVE IN THE STREET WHEN THEY GET LIKE THIS

I AM LEAVING THIS TIME FOR SURE!
  • I FOUND THIS RECIPE BUT HAVE NEVER EATEN TEMPEH. IS IT GOOD? LIKE TOFU? I MIGHT GET THE STUFF TO TRY THIS TOMORROW. WHATCHA THINK?

Tempeh Dagwood Sandwich
    Recipe from: The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook by Arthur Agatston

Stacked up high and filled with smooth avocado, juicy tomato, and creamy cheese, this power-protein sandwich is a South Beach vegetarian favorite. Vegans can use nondairy mayo and soy cheese. If you have extra time, marinate the tempeh for up to an hour.

Makes 1 serving
    Prep Time: 15 minutes (includes marinating)
    Cook Time: 10 minutes

2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar

1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 (8-ounce) package soy tempeh

1 teaspoon mayonnaise

2 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted

1 ounce shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (3 tablespoons)

1/4 avocado, peeled and sliced

2 slices tomato

Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic in a shallow bowl. Add tempeh and marinate for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through.

Spray a medium nonstick skillet with fat-free cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add tempeh, reserving marinade, and cook until well browned, 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat, add 2 tablespoons of the marinade to the pan, and flip tempeh once or twice until marinade is absorbed.

Spread mayonnaise on 1 bread slice. Place tempeh on top and cover with cheese, avocado, and tomato. Top with remaining bread, gently press down, slice in half, and serve.

Nutrition at a Glance
    Per serving: 450 calories, 19 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 37 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 16 g dietary fiber, 860 mg sodium
  • Mel
    Looks good.

Happy
    Ouch. Are you sore from the fall? Don't know what I did this past weekend but I have a bruise on the inside of my left upper arm.

holly
    Hello Glad you had a good week end.

Carla
    The new outfit has a lime green short sleeve jacket. The skirt has a black back ground with bits and pieces of hot pink, purple and lime green. It has a paisly design. My body is so out of shape that I hope I can wear the skirt. I live in pants.

Ruth
    I'm so glad that you have ventured out of the house. I'm not much of one driving on the snow. Be careful. Sometimes that is the best medicine.

Shad
    Have you got caught up on the cleaning?

Hello to Ellen and Painter Woman.