Morning Workouts

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I'm doing terrible. My morning workouts have been closer to 9:00 than 6:00.
  • I need major motivation! I haven't been able to make myself exercise since early Feb. mid Jan. I know that I WILL lose weight if I can just make myself start the routine again. Yesterday I started doing a little learning schedule with dd. She loves it! I tried setting my clock earlier than she gets up and low and behold she woke up 10 min before my alarm. (Yes, she's in her own room across the house) I just don't understand. It's like I can't win with this girl!! I can't get up any earlier than 5:30am. I've tried. The past 2 days that is when she has gotten up. Sigh...Any suggestions?
  • Well, this is my second week working out in the morning before work. I really don't mind it too much. I mean, ofcourse I would prefer to sleep an extra few minutes, but I really want this weight to come off. I haven't lost anything yet, but hopefully my work will reflect on the scale soon
  • frog0726 - At least you are getting your exercise in! That is the most important thing. I aim for the morning if I know that I am going into the office. If I am working from home during the week then I'll go during lunchtime and on the weekends I will go anytime from when I wake up until they close. Good job on working it into your schedule!

HappyMomma5 - It sounds like your daughter is psychic! How funny that she knows when you are waking up and beats you to it. What time does she go to bed? Would you be able to fit in an evening workout? Perhaps you could take her for a walk? My sis has 3 kids and she'll pile them into a wagon and tote them around. When the weather is nice it's wonderful. Also, when you are with her could you make exercise into a game that you play? I mean, you can hula hoop, jump on a minitrampoline do dance videos, etc. She can join in the fun. Granted, I don't have kids so I don't know how feasible these suggestions are.

comawhite - WTG on the morning workouts! Sometimes it is tough, but if I find myself resisting I'll remind myself that the extra hour that I'd get sleeping wouldn't even be good sleep at that point so it would just be a waste of a chance to burn calories. My scale is weird. Personally I'll lose a bit, gain a bit, hold steady a bit and then drop a lot. When I started working otu originally the scale went up even though I was eating ok. Within 1.5 weeks it had a big drop. Certainly don't let the scale discourage you!
  • Thanks Jill. I guess I'll wait it out and hope for the best.
  • Coma - Another thing I was thinking today in the gym... I find that I show a loss after I take time off from the gym. Maybe once you take a day off your scale will show a drop.
  • Ok, I'll try that.
  • I fell off this week. An unplanned business trip and helping a friend in crisis kept me sleeping in as long as I could! And this weekend-no excuses I was just plain lazy. I'm not sure what I need to kick my *** in gear! My goal is to start again tomorrow.
  • Ah, now I'm motivated to try this. My scale isn't budging (well it is but not in the right direction..or should i say left! ). It's 6AM up here in Canada and pitch black outside. The only thing I hate is that my treadmill is so loud and I'm afraid I will wake up the rest of the house with it. Plus the darn thing is so old that it blows everytime I get higher then 3.0mph and I have to hit the reset button.

EDIT: Well it's now 8AM here, and I just got off the treadmill about 30 seconds ago. I did a 2 hour treadmill workout at 3.0mph and burned 500 calories! I said to myself, I'll stop in 5 minutes, but I was listening to the radio with my mp3 player, and my favourite station (detroit channel 95.5) was doing a phone scam which was hilarious, then they had Q and As, then before I knew it was 8.
  • I definitely didn't get up early this morning...stupid time change. I'll be working out soon, but I guess that's one good thing about being a stay-at-home / work-at-home mom!
  • I feel off the wagon a little bit. I normally don't go regular workouts on the weekends, just for a little break. But this morning my ex who I'm living with (bad times, let me tell you) had a little break down about how he'll never find anyone else and blah, blah, blah because I'm hooking up with a new guy.
    It's tough. Him acting like a crazy person has had me running for comfort food. And then I don't know where things stand exactly with new guy, and I'm not exactly sure where I want them standing. And to top it all off it's midterms.
  • Time change got the best of me this morning! But I just got done with a 30min cardio workout! Hopefully tomorrow I can get up!
    Also I ate really well today. yogurt, fruits and veggies, salad, and a chicken breast.
  • Man, the time change really got to me too! I had hoped to get up but couldn't stop hitting snooze. Tomorrow I am going to try again.

Tonight I did get myself on the elliptical for 30 min.
  • I HAVE to work out in the morning. I have to get up at 4:15 to be able to do it, but it's worth it. Sometimes I drink a sugar free red bull to get going (bad I know).
  • Oh gosh, ella, you have some awesome willpower. I couldn't get up at 4 a.m.!