holy cramps Batman!

• OK, so to preface: I am very happy with my weightloss. In fact, I am EXTATIC about it, but...

Its that TOM again, and I haven't had cramps this bad in years!! Any thoughts on if its related to my weightloss? Or maybe my increased activity level?

Ow ow ow ow ow.....
  • that sucks! I don't really have much advice or knowledge to impart except that when I get that way sometimes it helps to put a heating pad on my belly or my back.
  • That is strange. For me, the more active I am, the LESS cramps I have.
  • I tend to get worse cramps the more weight I lose and the more exercise I do.
    It's just because weight loss can apparently affect your hormones a bit and it can take stuff a while to settle down (that's what my doc said anyways!)
    Just got to take loads of painkillers and snuggle up with hot water bottles to get through it chicky!
  • yeah, I actually get a bit more crampy, the more weight that I lose and the more exercise I do

It sucks, but i prefer it vs. the alternative of no cramps and no weightloss
  • My PMS is better since I've been working out.
  • Thanks ladies.

Jadey - your post reminded me of something I read once. I think that is said that fat stores estrogen, so when you burn fat it releases additional estrogen into your system. Or something like that... I didn't really connect it though.

I'm off to find a hot water bottle! Ow ow ow ow
  • I don't have cramps. Losing weight have affected me differently, I just go on forever (what seems like forever) but I haven't had any cramps, which I guess is ok, I've rather have cramps then have to deal with TOM for 4 weeks though.
  • When I have icky cramps I take some advil, chug some water and go for a walk. Dehydration can cause muscles to feel not so hot, your uterus is no exception! And moving helps those muscles loosen up.
  • I have noticed that since I have been working out and dieting that TOM doesnt last as long and the cramps arent as bad but I still can't shake my pre-TOM cravings. It is a battle not to eat everything in sight. Any ideas on how to subside this feeling of starvation.
  • Cramps are a Bee-yotch. Personally I prefer Excedrin and I drink lots of water too. Stay warm and I find protein helps more than sugar. Finally try distracting yourself with a good book or movie. I know it's not very active but a busy mind can be a wonderful thing.
  • holy cramps, batman! That is too funny!
  • Curl up in the fetal position and have someone rub your back? ...I wish that was an option for me. I'm right there with you, girl. I just downed a ton of water and a few advil. Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • oh man, I get REALLY terrible cramps as well. It feels like someone is punching you in the stomach. I know it's supposed to help to exercise, but a lot of the time I can barely get out of bed!!

I once got the bf to (literally, not a joke) push me in the computer chair into the bathroom so that I wouldn't have to stand up before I took a bath to try and loosen up that stupid uterus of mine. That was NOT a good day!