Weekly Chat Feb. 25th - March 2nd

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Morning all!

Hi Kim - it's a catch-22 isn't it, being back at work? On one hand, it's good to get back to routine, but on the other hand, you're back to routine...

Amarie - any better today, chickie?

Hope - how are you feeling? Hope your sinuses are draining and not too painful.

Sassy - great to hear form you, you sound busy as usual! I have to confess, I have a living room like that... and I sometimes wish we used it more - but it's pretty much just for Christmas. We aren't crammed into a small room though, so can I get some points for that? Great laundromat story - skunks - ugh!

Cathy, Leenie - thinking of you girls!

I'm doing really well - feeling strong and eating clean and getting my miles and my weights in. All is good in Heather's house... knock on wood. Ouch! Not my head!

Chat soon, chicks!

Heather
  • I'm more alive than I was yesterday, but not 100%. DF is going to a biker thing tonight that I had planned to go to, but with this sickness the smoke would kill me. Oh well, it doesn't hurt my feelings not to go anyway because it's not my thing.

Heather, glad to see you back on track and feeling good.

How about the rest of you? : Amarie? Buddly- Howz the anxiety, any better? Hope so. Kim?

Have fun Cathy if you aren't already gone.

I may be back later tonight... Have a good day girls!
  • Hi all!

I feel better today - I went home and cried a little, then went shopping (I know, bad coping mechanism...) and I feel better now.

Sassy - That skunk story is tooooo funny. I have one ALMOST as good. The last time I went to Hawaii, I stayed the night before at my parents' house because they were dog-sitting and giving me a ride to the airport. We had to get up at 4am to get me to my plane, and my dog Cleo ran outside and chased a skunk! She, um, "caught it" if you know what I mean - right in the face! And I REALLY had to get to the airport (for a couple LONG flights)! So we shut her in the garage (my poor mom had to deal with her later!), but when we got to the airport, I still smelled like skunk! I bought a shirt at the airport gift shop, but even that wasn't enough. Thank goodness I had a long layover in Salt Lake - I had to take a bus to the mall and buy a new bra - the skunk smell had absorbed into the lining, and would you know they don't sell bras at airport gift shops! Then, I went back to the airport and washed my hair in a sink. That was miserable! Thank goodness the trip was worth it!

Heather - teehee! I'm glad everything is going so well. I'm actually doing well with food this week too! Yay!

Ack! look at the time - I have to run to class! Back later to say hi to everyone else!!!!
  • hey gang i haven't left yet but it's getting close. i'm working today and after work we are driving to Houston and we have to be the airport at 6 tomorow morning. i still can't believe i'm going

Me Amarie - thanks for all the info. I'm not sure where all we are going, but I jotted down the places you gave me, and I'll let you know where we ended up when I get back.

Thanks everybody for the comments!

I hope everybody has a great great week!
    I'll be back in here on the 10th to see how everybody is doing.

ALOHA

hugs & blessings,
    Cathy
  • Bye Cathy - have a great trip - WE'LL MISS YOU!!!
  • Bye Cathy!! See you when you are back!

Kim - Goodness, I know how that goes - the grass is always greener, right? Have a great weekend

Hope - I'm glad you're feeling better today. Well, I guess you'll be able to get some rest in tonight then..maybe get better even faster!

Well, I got a second rejection letter today...luckily not from my interview school. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get in to this one, so it didn't come as a big shock. Keeping my fingers crossed for my interview school - haven't heard anything yet.

Well, everyone, have a great day and a fab weekend. I'm off to spend way too much $$ on a new washer and dryer. Sigh.
  • Baby steps
    I absolutely used to love eating at the chinese buffet! To prepare myself, I mapped out how many calories everything has and put together a mini menu of how much I could have with what without going way overboard. For the most part I was successful. My weakness, and mess up was crab rangoons. I used to eat anywhere from half a dozen to a dozen every time I went there, but I held myself to one... ONE! mini celebration on my part. I know it seems like a baby step on one hand, but on the other, it was a HUGE step for me. I was really disappointed with the salad bar options, as I had planned on filling my first plate with salad, and having only one (instead of three) plates of chinese food. They only had lettuce, radishes and mushrooms, and all creamy dressings. So I had the veggies with about a tablespoon of blue cheese dressing. A little expensive calorie wise, but I was amazed at how I really don't need that much dressing to be a nice addition to the salad. Yes, I talk a lot about food... a bit of an obsession with me. Best of all... I'M STUFFED!
    Have a great trip Cathy!
  • Happy Saturday!

Kim - really well done on the buffet - that must have been some serious willpower boogie!

Amarie - let us know what you hear form your interview school, and stay POSITIVE, chickie!

Hope - feeling any better today, again? Hope so!

All from me - will check in later!

Heather
  • I know this week is durn near over but I wanted to drop in and say hi. I hope to post more on next weeks weekly chat. Does anyone else find it hard to belive March is here and spring is right around the corner??
  • Hey Snoopy - spring doesn't look like it's right around the corner from where I'm sitting... in the snow... with more falling! But let's hope so!
  • Hi girls,

I'm feeling a little better again today. I'm still kind of afraid of doing too much and am afraid to exercise. I'm really sore when I cough around my sides and at any given time may be freezing to death or sweating like I've just run a marathon. I did have breakfast with a friend though and was happy to get out for a while. Other than going back to let my friend's dog back in the house that I'm watching this weekend, I don't plan on going out any more.

The only good thing about being sick is I haven't eaten much. I just hope it doesn't backfire and I pack on a pound or two when my calories go back up.

Kim: I love love love Chinese. In fact that sounds good right now. Yes, planning is the key for a buffet. Good for you. One thing that I love on some chinese buffets are sweet chinese doughnuts. They are basically canned biscuits that have been deep-fried and then tossed in sugar. Yummy.

Snoopysgirl: Welcome. I read your post about deciding to go on meds. I think it is a brave and responsible choice. If you had any other sickness nobody else would mind you being treated for it and this should be no different. I find it hard to believe that anybody could lose a friend over such a thing with all the info out there nowdays. I guess some people are still uneducated about it still. Sad. Can't wait to get to know you better and I hope you continue to feel better as meds get more into your system.

Amarie: Did you find a washer and dryer? I hate spending $$ on stuff like that too, but it's too hard to live without. I'd like to join the C25k training, but it will have to be when I get over whatever this is. It looks like everybody is starting from a different place anyway, so maybe it won't matter. I kind of had a secret goal of at least being able to run 1 mile this year. It's not a lot I know, but I've never been a runner and for some reason I just think that it's something that I should be able to do. If I catch the running bug, all the better, but at least 1 mile I think is good. Did you start today?

Heather: How are rehearsals going and when does the show start? Glad that you seem to be doing better.

Sassy: Did you tackle that office yet? What cha up to?

Buddly: Still thinking about you. You OK?

Leenie?
  • Hi all!

Snoopyscirl - yes! I can't believe spring is almost here!

Kim - WTG at the buffet, I can't even drive by there anymore. Mine has these little fried dough balls - sigh.

Hope - I ended up getting a new washer and dryer. I spent way more money than I wanted, but I hope it'll be worth it. Oh well, I never could save up much anyway. I'm so glad you might join the C25K challenge! I would suspect lots of folks will join whenever works for them, and others may choose to repeat weeks. I haven't gone out yet today, but I think I'll go soon.

Heather - Thanks. I am thinking positive, OK I'm TRYING to. hahaha. I just keep going over what I said and thinking about how I could say it better, or not ramble, etc. Oh well, what will happen will happen.

I'm having a pretty good day today, I've been cleaning my house a bit, and went to the store and bought apples and blueberries. I need to go to the pharmacy to get my prozac refill today. Oh, the things to do...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Amarie
  • Hey Gang!!!
    Hey Gang.

Well my big plans of cleaning out DH's office went out the window. lol. He is sick and has been home yesterday AND now today. So I am just putting it off until next weekend.........

So as you can suspect, not much has got accomplished AT ALL! lol. But oh well he dealt with me being home with my back out, so I guess I have to deal with him being home sick. lol.

Heather -- Yeah I will NEVER forget that skunk, ever. lol. Its definitely an unforgettable situation!!! lol. Well at least you still USE that room, at least on Christmas!!! lol. My mil doesn't even use it for that anymore!!! lol. But I guess its not my house, so I shouldn't worry about it. lol. DH & I both said though once we inherit the house and they are gone, we WILL be using that room! lol. We'll probably be haunted by his mom and grandma (it was originally his grandma's house) but oh well! lol. hee hee.

Hope -- my dh is now sick, along with almost everybody at work. I hope and pray that I don't get it because I don't have enough personal time to even cover one night, for me, since I work such long hours!! I hope you feel better.

Amarie -- Yes I'd say that is a pretty good story. You know my DH said that when he went to work the next day, that they told him that he still smelled like skunk!!! That is one smell very very hard to get rid of!!!

Cathy -- ALOHA!!

Kim -- That is willpower!! I love Crab Rangoons too!!! They are my fav. for sure. Luckily we don't have chinese all that often!! lol. But WTG!!

Wow my mom just told me she asked her dr for the anti-smoking drug. I told her to be careful with it though because I've heard bad side effects from it. She said she hasn't gotten it yet and its expensive. (she has no insurance) I said that Wellbutrin does the same thing and has a generic. Our dr has given that to my DH before and it does work, if you stay on it long enough, dh did not. I take Wellbutrin for depression and have for a while and I've had absolutely no problems with it, I'd rather her take that than the other stuff. She has been smoking for a very long time, so this is HUGE!!!

She also said that if she flunks her CNA skills test that she has to take in front of the state, she gets out of the $1200 "contract" her work made her sign and she will then move up here. So I told her, "I hope you flunk!!!" lol.

Big
  • Morning! Yawn. I'm tired today.

Full day of rehearsals today, so I'd better move this butt - it keeps me busy, so this is a Very Good Thing!

I'm on Day 6 of clean eating, and I can feel it, and see it, and see it on the scale after my nine-day pig-out!

When I got bored yesterday afternoon, I started obsessing about brownies, but it passed... eventually!

How ya'll doing today?

Heather
  • Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the good thoughts I really hate it when I fall off the deep end like that, but what can one do but hang on!

Well I found something worse than the snow and that is all the snow melting When we had our addition built they obviously messed up, so we ended up with water running in the walls and on the floor, it was so bad this year that the water was squishing up through the boards of the laminate flooring in the mud room! It was awful. I guess this summer we will have to reroof as the shingles are getting ragged from the shoveling and ice chipping for the last 12 years and this way we can fix where the addition joins.

Hope sorry to hear that you are sick and that you df and Sassy's dh are sick. ddB had to go to the docs for a sore throat, she had an "ulcer" back there and got put on antibiotics. We have to take hubby to the docs today as he has what we think is a sty and his eye is all swollen up and the compresses haven't helped.

Heather good for you for eating clean, good for you, I have to get on track as my lab reports came back and I have high cholesterol. I'm hoping now that I have doctor's orders to exercise and lose weight I might listen, here's hoping!

Kim congratulations on the will power at the buffet!! Its so easy to just pop things into ones mouth without thougt, my downfall is the deep fried prawns!

amarie fingers crossed for your interview school

Hi leenie, cathy, snoops and everyone else

Well hubby is ready to go to town so I should go and get dressed.

Take care everyone,
    K