Spring Clothes Shopping

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Beautiful dress! I can't do halter tops myself because my shoulders are so broad. I wore one last year and the photos afterward YIKES!

As I was looking for a replacement skirt the other day, I shopped in Ross, Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I was really surprised at what cute dresses they had. I may send DD to go look as she'll need a dress or two for our upcoming cruise.
  • Gorgeous dress! Wouldn't work for me as (a) it's never warm enough to bare shoulders and arms here and (b) my old lady batwings are ugly! There's muscle there, but too much loose skin that flaps..... Now on a nice toned 25 year old, I'm sure it'll be stunning.
  • Hi all -

I'm not buying much as I'm still transitioning down sizes and to be honest I'm still not sure where to shop now that I'm in "normal" sizes. Most of what I've bought lately is related to triathlon/workout clothing.

I did get this jacket though. My tastes are a little out there

• I got a neeeeeeeeeeeeeeew dress! I got a neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew dress! And I'm kind of excited about it, can you tell???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

It is silk, it is flowy, it is a 12 and it fits perfectly! And the Macy's tag on it says $188 and I paid $41 plus some shipping. Can I just tell you how much I love a bargain? DH says, "I hope that dress wasn't as expensive as it looks!" Nope. It wasn't!
  • And Idealmuse - I LOVE the jacket!
  • Traci, very pretty dress.
  • Ideal, I don't think that's out there at all! Terrific jacket, great color -- is it velvet?

Traci, I adore that dress! Oh my gosh, what a steal and it's gorgeous.
  • Ideal, I love the jacket!
  • Ideal, love the jacket. Traci, I love the dress! It is very pretty, fresh, and spring-like.
  • So I finally went shopping this weekend! I went to the higher-end mall since I wanted to check out Anthropologie. Something shocking happened there -- I found several items in which a size 6 was too big for me. How did that happen? Admittedly, I also tried on a pair of size 6 pants that were a little too small, but my top half is a bit smaller than my bottom half.

In any case, I didn't find anything there that I liked enough to be worth the price, but I did get lucky at Ann Taylor (the regular one, not my usual haunt Ann Taylor Loft). I found this dress there -- the photo on the website actually doesn't look very good, but it is a gorgeous dress in person. It has a lot of structural elements like princess seams that make it very well-fitted. I am so excited about this dress! When I get a chance I'll take a picture of me wearing it and post it here.

The only problem with having so much success is that now I'm afraid if I actually get down to 130 again it will be too big for me!
  • You know how everything works out somehow? I bought that dress (stole it, actually) on ebay and today I got a wedding invitation. I get to wear the dress! I'm so excited! Now I need some shoes...
  • Picture of me in my totally cute Ann Taylor outfit (referenced above!)

• "Totally cute" is absolutely right -- you look marvelous! And wow, check out those collarbones!!
  • I love that outfit Glory! I wore it to work today We have very similar taste. I love all the clothes that you post.

Mel
  • I am wearing it today TOO!!!! Thank god we don't work in the same office

Yeah, the collarbones are kinda sticky-outy, I'm such a pear, to get my bottom half the way I want it, I get really thin on top!