Mini-Goal

• I want to lose at least 12 pounds, at most 20 pounds before March 8th! =) The 8th is my mother's birthday, so yeah.
  • good goal star, my goal is to lose 20 by April..so we're in the same boat! lets root each other on!!
  • Thanks! ^^ I know you can do 20 by April!
  • to both of you!
    michellenew
  • Hey! that's a lot of weight by a certain date. Instead of making it such a big goal in so short a time, maybe aim for something like 2 pounds a week while eating plenty of vegetables and staying low fat and keeping away from sugary foods. Do you have a plan for your losing?

Jay
  • Yeah, I hate to be another party pooper, but I don't see that as being a realistic goal. March 8 is 16 days from now. To lose 12 lbs by March 8 means you'd need to lose almost a pound a day, or 6 lbs a week. That's a calorie deficit of 3500 calories PER DAY.

Running a 9 minute mile burns about 160 calories for every 10 minutes you run.

That means you would need to run (or do other exercise at a high intensity) for 3.7 hours per day to burn the 3500 calories you'd need to.

Assuming of course, you can maintain a 1200 calorie diet for those 16 days (which would be low for your current body weight).

A more realistic goal would be 5 lbs over that 2 week period, then take any other weight you lose as a bonus.

• if you're just starting out you might lose about 5-10 lbs, but it would'nt be FAT LOSS. If you want to lose 12lbs of FAT, I agree that you probably have set un realistic goal.