My favorite diet friendly snack is....

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • hi prettyone,

Cheddar light sounds like a nice alternative to mozz!

Thanks!

best,
    b
  • hi didjaever,

Sometimes I use fat free cool whip as an ice cream alternative!

Way to go US!

best,
    b
  • hi angeline, that's a great idea for the movies -- also, pistachios or peanuts!

best,
    b
  • hi tleef - I haven't seen that yogurt at my grocer's - but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for it!

Thanks,
    best,
    b
  • hi souvenirdarling -- apple and cinnamon in the microwave -- sounds like a great faux apple pie!

Thanks,
    best,
    b
  • Bruni, slow down! You can respond to multiple members in one post.
  • hi littlemoonrabbit,
    I love the idea of kashi crunch over yogurt!

thanks,
    best,
    b
  • lol 3beans,

I did that and then somehow lost the page! That's why I decided to respond to everyone individually. But, sheesh, it is time consuming.

thanks,
    best,
    b
  • BruniQ, I love your enthusiasm!

I would love to see you join the next "Biggest Loser Challenge" on this site (in several weeks, after the current one is over), as it is nice to have people like you who take time to respond to people individually.
  • I am literally laughing out loud. And I agree, It's nice to see someone who takes the time to actually read all the replys in a thread and acknowledge everyone! I'm guilty of "skimming" sometimes

The cheddar is great.....I have a "salt tooth" and it always hits the spot
  • soulbliss and thepretty one:

soulbliss: tell me more about the next biggest loser challenge

best,
    b
  • Anyone have any good ideas about what to top rice cakes with? (oh yeah... that ISN'T peanutbutter?)

• Quote: Jello is not made from horses hooves. That's an urban legend. Gelatin is made from the collagen in bones and skin - but it's the bones and skin of animals that have already been slaughtered for meat, primarily cows and pigs.

It's the same thing that happens when you boil a chicken for soup or stew and you get the layer of gelatinous stuff on the top when it cools. That's just the collagen that has boiled out of the bones.

I know it's not made out of horse hooves any more but it used to be. Now it's the pig & cow hooves, hides, bones, and connective tissues. I'd rather have horse hooves, thank you very much.
  • Quote: Anyone have any good ideas about what to top rice cakes with? (oh yeah... that ISN'T peanutbutter?)

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray is a good one.
  • Photochick, although I understand what you mean, I still think that it can be useful to know these things. There are a few severe diets that use the advantage of such foods, like the famous cabbage soup diet, or the eggs and oranges diet... But in our cases I guess it really doesn't matter.

I remembered another fantastic dish: cellery with a mix of mascarpone and gorgonzola, yum yum. Easy on the cheeses, of course.