Fruit-flavored vitamin drink mix: available?

• The last couple of days I've washed down my lunch with a bottle of Dasani Plus. Upside: delicious and no calories. Downside: I'm paying a premium for a bottle of fudgin' WATER! Does anybody make a fruit-flavored powdered drink mix (kind of like value-added KoolAid) that I can just chuck into a SIGG bottle when I fill it from a fountain or tap?
  • I know that the K2O Protein Water comes in little single-serve mixes that you just dump into a bottle of water.

I've got no idea whether or not it would be more economical, though, as you'd still be paying for the brand.

*shrugs* I just stick to my Vitamin Water.
  • Walmart's store brand are about half the price of name brands. I've always wished that those little Crystal Light type tubs had resealable lids. I've used a 1/2 tsp to measure some into my water bottle, and then rewrapped the tub in plastic wrap or foil, but it's awkward and there's a good chance of the remainder spilling in the cupboard.
  • They were talking about vitamin water on the news the other day. It seems most of the vitamins they provide are water soluble, so by the time you get it and drink it, the quality of the vitamins has changed and are no longer of use.
  • Also, vitamins can be toxic in high doses which has always concerned me with the "vitamin fortified" trend. It's primarily the fat soluble vitamins that can be toxic, and I know I was taught that excess water soluble vitamins were just excreted by the kidneys, so overdosing on water soluble vitamins was virtually impossible. However, I believe it's now thought, if not proven, that mega-doses of vitamin C (a water soluble vitamin) can contribute to kidney stones.
  • have you heard of true lemon?
    my sister actually just got me hooked on true lemon. it comes in lime and orange too. it sounds like it could be something you're looking for.. it's pretty much just like squeezing a lemon, lime, or orange in your water and theres no calories, artificial sweeteners or carbs...

they're willing to send free samples at their website if you wanted to give it a try
  • I sometimes will add a little unsweetened Koool-aid to my ice water(yes, in the little packets that you grew up on!) I add stevia to taste & it tastes just like real kool-aid with no sugar!
  • Sure, I know True Lemon, and I know Kool-Aid. Reckon I can just stick with those

Hey wait, this just in, there's a South Beach Living drink mix in a couple of fruity flavors, w/protein and fiber. That sounds up my alley