Want to find a great community program...

• and hoped that y'all would be able to let me know about some.

I know that there are some "Biggest Loser" type challenges in workplaces and on this forum. I've heard of 10,000 Steps community iniatives. Anyone else now or formerly a part of a community-wide initiative, especially in a smaller community (about 13,500)?

I went to a community retreat this weekend, and volunteered for the community wellness committee. I am so into this idea, and really want to know what has worked elsewhere in order to help put together a program that will fix our community's obesity problem. I said fix. It's the early stages, and I am in the way optimistic mindset!

Thanks for any input!

Laurie
  • That is a great question. I can't wait to see the responses.
  • Our community has participated in "Let's Get Moving" the last few years. We had teams from most businesses in town and other groups as well. I really liked the ability to log everything online

We are an even smaller community than you are.
  • Thanks for the response, CountingDown, and the additional details on the PM. I am bumping this thread because postings over the weekend sometime get missed, and I would really love to get a variety of community programs to investigate.
  • Bumping one last time to see if I can get more responses!