• Hi everyone! I am new to the site and would like to do a lifestyle change. I could really use alot of support. I am overweight and unhappy.

I am 42, female and work fulltime in food service. I am married to a wonderful man that loves me unconditionally and I am very grateful for that. But, I need to get my confidence back.

I am looking forward to getting some new friends.

Bernie
  • Hi and welcome Bernie!

Tell us a little more about you ... what you'd like to eat and do for activity. We'll see if we can find some threads where you will feel right at home.
  • Hey Bernie,

I'm a returning member, just came back this week. Our goals are similar if you want to stay in touch.

I'm on the South Beach Diet, Week 4. Have you decided on a diet plan yet?

Looking forward to your posts and your progress! We can do this!

To US!

BEST,
    B
  • Hi Susan

I am 42 happily married and want to be able to do all the things in life that I am afraid to do because of my weight and all the emotions that go along with it.

I am not sure what I want to do to achieve this, I have done alot of different diets and have lost weight, but have always gained it back.

I came here looking for honest advice and friendship. I have learned I need lots of support and want to give it in return.
  • Hi B

No, I haven't decided on a plan yet, I know giving up any food group does not work for me. I am leaning towards counting calories and exercising.

I would love to have someone to keep in touch with
  • The calorie counters here are a nice active group. You can join them here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172

I think they have an exercise accountability thread and I know for sure they have a chat thread. Have you had a look there?
  • Welcome to the boards!