A Bad Day followed by a Great Acconplishment

• Today was a bad day personally. I was invited to interview for a school program but declined because I am broke and can't afford the travel. It sucks!

Needless to say, I was depressed and just sad.

Normally this means that I would get some icecream sit on the couch, watch a movie and sulk. Instead i got on the treadmill and did a combination of jogging and speed walking for about 30 minutes, then took a long hot shower. I am still sad but I am proud of myself for not eating it away.

Woo Hoo Huge Update, I ended up asking for a phone interview and I have been accepted into the program that I wanted

• You are treating yourself well.

Look at it this way...you didn't get in because theres something better out there for you!
  • Go to the binging part of this site, they have a great thread going about what you'd really like to eat, how you'd like to binge BUT DIDN'T...
  • That is a huge victory!! Congrats!! And remember, we always end up right where we're supposed to be. Keep up the excellent work!!

Jenny )
  • You did wonderfully! You have already begun changing your emotional eating habits for the better...that is soooo difficult! Congrats
  • I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, so that means there is something better out there for you. And congrats for channeling your emotions in a healthier manner! =0)
  • What it a grad school program? Because I'm in the same situation, but one of my teachers said if you just ask they will usually put you up and pay for the travel.
  • Quote: What it a grad school program? Because I'm in the same situation, but one of my teachers said if you just ask they will usually put you up and pay for the travel.
    yeah it was post grad program, I am waiting to see what they can offer and if I can get a phone interview

Thanks everyone for the support.
  • Now, if I were you, and I really wanted it, I would do anything I had to do to get there... borrow, beg, negotiate for part of the expenses... NOT steal, of course.

Jay
  • What the school im going to does, is offer a stipend to come and then puts you up with one of the current grad students. That way the students can show you around and you can get an idea of the life. Hopefully they can do something like that for you!