What is your hardest challenge that you have overcome?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was thinking about every action we have to take to change out lives to reach our goals. What are you most proud of?

For me, so far, it would be not eating pizza like I used to.
  • Let's see....taking out pizza, fast food, popcorn...and adding in salad and exercise!! Ugh -- -but--- I'm down 14.4 pounds as of this morning! Wooohoo!
  • Putting myself first. Now I do it without fail. But it took a long time before I got to that point. I cannot be everything for everyone else until I take care of myself.
  • I Need Help
    I am so frustrated! I just want to cry! I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am so upset! I started out at 203 lbs. on January 1st. Last week I weighed in at 195 lbs which is okay I guess. I have been eating healthy and up until last week I have been walking approximately 3.5 miles each day. I started running 3 miles a day and now. I weighed myself this afternoon and I am back to 200 lbs.! What am I doing wrong! I am so frustrated that I can't take much more of this. Please help! Why is the weight loss so slow and up and down constantly!

LaVon
  • I am most proud of being able to control myself in a house with junk food in it. Having birthday cake, chips, cookies, and all those things and not taking a bite. My hubby ordered pizza and fried chicken since I've started and I haven't' even taken a second glance!
  • LaVon -

Check out this stickie about weight fluctuations. Is walking the only thing you've changed? (I'm not knocking it - walking is GREAT) If you haven't changed the way you are eating - walking won't be a big help to weight loss.

Hang in there
  • I have almost no problem with food and exercise . I slip up just like everyone else from time to time . but i also listen to my body . if im tired ill rest , or go for a short walk instead of my 1 hour cardio . I proud that ive learnt how too look after me i have spent years looking after everyone but me ..
    BUt...ATM things are hard
    My hubby is away and my kids are playing up so i haven't been as active as i like.. Im not sleeping since i am not used to sleeping alone and I also have TOM and a huge abcess on my inner thigh .. I always get sick when i get TOM lol.. moan whine whinge vent cry .. lol ..

I feel sorry for myself Atm but i feel better just getting it off my chest . I am going to go on my elliptical in a while and ride with my leg turned out.. I cant hardly walk as the damn thing is right up in my groin lol.. And when i am walking i look like ive been riding a horse lmao.. but hey just walking is making me sweat so .. i spose that is something LMAO

STUPID TOM and how it affects my immune system .. lol
  • Thanks Gina
    I have changed my eating habits but also my exercise habits. I have started running instead of walking (just last week) and I don't think I drink enough water though. (I live in Arizona) Maybe I should give it a little more time. I could possibly be fluctating because of the exercise change. Thanks for the info. I feel a little better now!

LaVon
  • My biggest challenge was kicking the sugar habit. I was a serious addict, used it like a drug, and went through very tough withdraws. Now I feel so much better and my new biggest challenge is overcoming the binges...though they are WAY less often, less damaging, and lower portions than before I kicked sugar.
  • My hardest challenge was to stop binging. BY FAR. So hard for me. I still have occasional flashes where I want it so bad, like I imagine a druggie wants their drug. It is this flood of longing, almost a panic feeling sometimes. But I have been able to cut it down to almost nothing. I am pretty proud of myself!
  • I am most proud of the fact that I have my sweet tooth under control...yea!
  • I am proud that I rarely eat anything with added sugar and I no longer crave sugar. I never thought that would happen.
  • Mine is not eating out every single day, sometimes is OK, but last semester it was almost every day. Also, getting my butt back into exercising.
  • My biggest challenge was ME! I found it hard to just get out of my own way. For years I'd been telling myself that losing weight was what I needed to do but that it was just so hard. So why bother? If I wanted something I just ate it (or two or three). I just got to where I didn't care anymore.

One day I got up and there was a weight loss group forming on a board I read. This was the day that changed me. Something in my head finally clicked into place. Then I discovered 3FC and found more help.

Once I pushed my big ol' self out of my way I found that I COULD do something about it all. Now there's less of me to push out of the way on bad days.
  • My biggest challenge has been getting my depression under control. Now the challenge is to maintain the discipline to do the things I need to to keep it that way.