The Battle between me and my front butt

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Okay I am annoyed! The battle between me and my front butt is just a pain in itself. By the way what I call the front butt is the lower abdomen (or pooch), whatever its called. I know that I am nowhere near that place where its going to go away (yet!) but I would love to know how to get rid of it. Its evil ! My sister and I are about the same size now, I always have been about two sizes bigger, so I asked her what her weight was. We are now 7-8 pounds apart, which is a huge deal. But she doesn't have a big front butt. Thats not fair! grrr.

Well another day towards my goal completed and I am going to beat this but I hate the stupid front butt. One day I will be able to tuck my shirt into my pants.
  • I have to laugh at this, because I have a front butt, too! It's actually my stomach, but it kind of splits... not like in half, but there's a dent in the middle, so to me it looks like a butt... >_<

But, I'm with ya! One day, we front butted people will be able to tuck our shirts in with pride!!!!
  • Giggle Giggle, Okay, I know exactly what you're talking about. I still have one , even after losing all of this weight. It's gotten better, but it's still there. I think 90% of the weight I have left to lose is right there, on my front butt. My doctor keeps telling me "that's not going away without surgery", and I believe her. But I started at a much higher weight than you, so don't get discouraged, yours probably will decrease as you keep losing weight.
  • Your post is so timely! I was grumbling in the shower tonight about mine. It doesn't seem to be any smaller than it was when I started. I still have the "apron". It still hangs and has a sweaty overlap that is really yucky! My fear is that tammy is right - it will be my nemesis even when I reach my goal weight.

While it really does irk me, I'm thankful that I have such a minor thing to be concerned about. In the scheme of things ...
  • Ah!!! I know what you're talking about! I hate the 'front butt' or what I call my 'ponch'. That's the first thing I wish that would go away. I think one of the things that helps pull it in is sit ups. I've done that before, and of course I still had the fat there (cause you have to lose weight for it to go away totally) but I think the situp/crunches helped me suck it in somehow.

I also know that if your stomach muscle have been stretched out to due to pregnancy that it might be harder to strengthen that area. I was talking to my mom about it (she's tiny!) and she said that since she had us kids that's she always had to work harder to keep that area flat.
  • I really do have a front butt!!! I had a foot of my colon removed in October and the incision runs from my abdominal hysterectomy scar that is in the bikini area up past my belly button. I HATE IT!! My tummy muscles will never be the same.
  • Oh I hate mine.......It's really funny, that's what I thought of mine,and I never would have thought in a million years that someone else thought the same thing!! can we start a thread?!! That would be great, we would have that in common!!lol but what would we call it? Exercising our front butts off?
  • Quote: can we start a thread?!! That would be great, we would have that in common!!lol but what would we call it? Exercising our front butts off?

We should start a thread!

I like :Exercising our front butts off"

What about... Front Buts not anonymous or Blasting away the front booty
  • I had one of those after having a baby, I went over 200 lbs in weight gain. Exercise and maybe spanx in the meantime, ugh.
  • Arrgh! I have a front butt too! I am really worried about it too because this is the heaviest I have been. The last time I lost weight I lost 43 pounds- I went from 185 to 142. I had no sagging skin, I exercised and was toned and stomach was relatively flat. Now I am freaked out about the possibility of having loose skin, especially since I cannot afford a surgery to get it removed. Is there ANY WAY to avoid saggy skin?
  • Mary - have you visited the Skin FAQ thread yet?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

I had a big, round, filled-with-fat front butt before. Now I have a small, flat, somewhat saggy front butt that can be easily compressed to fit into jeans or whatever else I want to wear (well, except a bikini). Trust me when I say that loose skin is about a billion times easier to hide/deal with than not-loose fat!
  • That is exactly the one part of my body that i hate the most!!! I had a C-section, so they call that a "shelf" ahhhhhh i wish it would just go away.
  • I made an agreement with my fiance that once I reach my long-term goal and stay there for a full year that I can go and get abdominosplasty to get rid of the excess skin/fat and tighten up the muscle.

I still have a long way to go but that is such a huge goal for me to have that surgery that there are times that I crave junk food and think...will that make it even longer until I can have that "front butt" (gawd that makes me laugh) removed? Then forget it!

I'm looking forward to also getting rid of all the strech marks I got when I was pregnant. Even if I manage to flatten up the stomach and the skin miraculously shrinks up I'll still have those strech marks and they're absolutely horrible. I gained 70lbs with my pregnancy and just like my mom the marks were really bad.

Cheers,
    Tamara
  • Quote: We should start a thread!

I like :Exercising our front butts off"
    Ha, yes, count me in. ^_^

One butt is enough for anyone, I'm trying to get rid of my extra bum. ^_^ My least favorite part of my body at the moment, certainly.
  • I'm also a member of the front butt club. Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.