What are the phases of the Extreme Fat Smash?

• Hi there!

I've always bypasses fatsmash...didn't really like the sound of the name be honest! But in the past few days it has really caught my eye and I like the sound of it! it sounds so healthy and reasonable!

As I only have a bit more to lose...I was wondering if the extreme fat smash may indeed be better for me? One problem in that I don't know exactly what the phases consist of! Im not going to buy the book if I look at them and realise that there is no way I can live like that!

By the way just so you know me, Im busy, I eat on the run. I dont really eat out, I love vegetables, legumes, but not so much meat....dont like cheese or eggs either!

So if any more experienced FatSmashers could let me know what the extreme stages actually ARE...and whether it could be effective let me know!

Thanks u!
  • There aren't so much "phases" on Extreme Fat Smash as three weeks' worth of menus. The idea is that you go through them in order the first time and then can repeat as necessary to lose any remaining weight. You're just not supposed to do the same week twice in a row. I'm a vegetarian and I've adapted it to work for me. Where the meal plan called for meat, I used a soy meat substitute and I saw a five pound loss the first week and three pounds the second week, which I really wasn't expecting since I didn't have a tremendous amount to lose and was eating relatively healthily already. This plan does require a bit of prep work (brown rice - takes about 45 minutes to make; oatmeal for breakfast takes a couple minutes to cooks, etc.) but it works SO well that it's worth it, in my opinion! It will definitely be my go-to diet if I need to lose five pounds of holiday weight or something from now on!

The reason I think this diet worked so well for me is that there are four meals planned per day and I believe the protein is higher than what I was previously eating. I think that's what made it work for me.

The book was relatively inexpensive (I don't generally buy diet books, but my library didn't have this one - you could check yours!) and totally worth it for a two week-eight pound loss!

Hope that helps!

Kara

P.S. Check out the Extreme Fat Smash chat to see what we've been eating - we've posted some of our meal plans.
  • The greeat thing about the EFS is that the book spells out exactly what to eat. No choices. Ouch. In addition, there is the recommended exercise (timewise) for the day...sometimes twice a day. Ouch. But it is designed for folks like you, since you mentioned you only have a few pounds to lose. Good luck...Kara has posted her menus a lot...in that other thread. Its always helpful, and especially if you do not have the book.