Ketosis...a measure for eating LC????

• Would like to know if anyone knows if your testing in the purple/pink on the ketostix, does that mean you are staying within your appropriate carb intake for weight loss?
  • The darker the color on the strip the more ketones you are releasing.

However, if your strip does not turn any color at all, this does not mean that you are not in ketosis. The strip only test for one type of ketone. Your body produces three types of ketones. You could get a blood test and your blood would show you level of ketosis.
  • Thanks..but I don't think you understood my question...
    "...does that mean you are staying within your appropriate carb intake for weight loss?"

In other words...I would like to know if you are in staying in Ketosis (where the stips turn colors), is that an indicator that you are low carbing it enough to burn fat instead of sugar? Thanks for any input you can give on this. Joyce

Quote: The darker the color on the strip the more ketones you are releasing.

However, if your strip does not turn any color at all, this does not mean that you are not in ketosis. The strip only test for one type of ketone. Your body produces three types of ketones. You could get a blood test and your blood would show you level of ketosis.