Night Grazer

• I do so well at work during the day, but at night, all I want to do is stuff my face! The evenings are the worst. I need to loose at least 35#. I'm short so every ounce shows! I was bad, very bad, last night, I ate two WW sundae cones (2 pts. ea.). Any suggestions on how to stop this insanity? I weigh in for the first time Saturday. I'm afraid I've gained instead of lost. It seems on WW plan that I'm consuming more foot. I'm doing the core plan. I know the cones aren't on the core plan, but.... I'm using my extra points. Atleast it wasn't a real ice cream cone.
  • Re: night grazer
    I have this same problem. I usually try to work out, read, do some project to keep your hands (and mind) busy. And I have found that an apple and a big glass of water help to keep me full for a long time, especially at night.
    Hope that helps!
  • When I crave something sweet at night I make tea or lowfat cocoa. Another option is leave yourself points for a snack at night?
  • I have this same problem...I think it is because I start to slow down at night and have the time to think about eating! I'm going to try to drink seltzer water. I also sometimes have a smoothie I make that I think is yummy. 1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt, 1 cup raspberries, and water. Blend and then top with no fat whipped cream and a few almonds.
  • At night a cup of tea (1 tsp sugar) usually does the trick when I am craving sweets. If not, then a non-fat chocolate pudding works and it's low in calories too.

Chris
  • The only thing that worked for me was to get everything that was snacky and bad for me out of the house. If it's here, I get the munchies about 9 p.m. and I'll eat everything in sight. If it's not here and I have to contemplate getting in the car and going out to get it, then I'll likely not eat it.

Also I do keep a handful of healthy snacks around ... NOT desserts, even WW or diet desserts or 100 cal snack packs (which I hate as I've said before here). A spoonful of peanut butter, or a boiled egg, or a handful of carrots ... anything that is a healthy snack.

I sympathise, though. Night snacking is a huge problem for me.

• Sometimes I just brush my teeth and literally put myself to bed.
    Sometimes it's the only thing that stops me from eating at night.

Good luck!