Hi everyone

• Hi! I'm new and really inspired by all of your stories. I am just starting out and don't really know what I am doing yet but I'm trying. I am 200lbs. now and would like to get down to 150. My problem is I live on fast food. This past week I have been eating salads, chicken, and fruit. I need some ideas on some easy fast meals and snacks.
    My husband laughs and says this won't last, but I know it will. I'm going to be 31 in June and I know it is time to make some changes.
  • For lunch yesterday I had grilled portobello mushrooms (2) with melted cheese on top!! It was very filling and took only a few minutes to make!

Another good idea is to take one day a week and cut up veggies etc and store in single serving sin your fridge that way you have your own fast food ready to go.
  • Hi Fudgey! Lets start with why do you live on fast food? Bad habit, necessity, by default of others in house? Come on over to the Daily Chat thread and join us!
  • I eat so much fast food out of habit I guess. I rarely let my kids have it, so I wait till they go to bed to get it.
  • Hello Fudgey and WELCOME!! I've been doing ediets and most of the meals they have are fast prep/cook. Some of them need to marinate a few hours, but getting it in to marinate is quick.
  • Welcome, Dont let your husband discourage you. Lets show him! Keep nuts around so when you feel the need for something fast its better than the alternative. When you say you eat fast food what exactly are you grabbing for?
    Danielle
  • I was binging on fast food for 6 months ...I swear everyday and gained 20lbs!!! I started reading magazines, and cookbooks on healthy eating and recipes...and that helped me make up a weekly plan...I now plan my meals out for one week at a time...all healthy meals...and shop for them on one day of the week...and look forward to a week of interesting dishes...Im sure there are a ton of fast healthy recipes to try out!!! Good luck!