Mock Danish?

• I found a receipe that sounds yummy to me. Could you please tell me how it is adjusted for LA weight loss?
    Ingredients:
    3/4 cup egg beaters
    1/4 cup FF cream cheese
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1 packet or 1 tsp splenda
    dash cinnamon
    cal.160 carb 9.5 sugar 5 protein 26
    heat cheese in sm. saucepan at low-med heat until melted and creamy and stir constantly. add eggss and whisk until it mixes well. when thickens add sweetner and seasonings and let cook until very thick. chill and eat.

Also, I love to use my LA cookbook. I am on Plan 2. Can you still use the cookbook or does it need to be adjusted?

Thank you
    Tracey
  • Hmmm, well the egg beaters are not a whole protein, but the cream cheese is a lot more than a condiment. I wonder if you could call it 1 Protien, 1/2 Dairy. Any thoughts anyone?
  • Okay, I just looked at my FF cream cheese. 1/4 of a cup would be 60 calories. I would definitely call it 1 P, 1/2 D. Not sure what the dietician would say on that. Any one else have any thoughts?
  • I would call it 1 P and 1 S. I don't see cream cheese in the dairy category. That is my call on it.

Lynn
    Stabilization (finished on Plan 2 with lites)
    Used red and gold plans
    Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
    Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished
  • Why a starch? I get the protein ... regular cream cheese (or even light) is in the Fats, but unless she is putting it on a starch (like a bagel or something), I am not getting the starch.
  • OK I stand corrected. Since there are 16 TB in a cup and this recipe calls for 1/4 cup that equals 4 TB. 1 1/2 TB of ff cream cheese = 1 fat.
    So 1P, 2 fats+

Also Tracey - in answer to the cookbook, you can use it but just adjust it to the new portion sizes.

Lynn
    Used red and gold plans
  • So did you try it? It sounds too good to be true! Let us know!
  • Lynn - I don't want to sound argumentative, but both my books (Red and Plan 4) count 1 tbsp of regular cream cheese as 1 fat and 1 tbsp of fat free cream cheese as a condiment. So wouldn't it be 1 protein and 4 condiments?
  • Quote: Lynn - I don't want to sound argumentative, but both my books (Red and Plan 4) count 1 tbsp of regular cream cheese as 1 fat and 1 tbsp of fat free cream cheese as a condiment. So wouldn't it be 1 protein and 4 condiments?
    Cream cheese is listed in both categories, fat and condiments. So it could be counted either way.

Lynn
    Used red and gold plans
  • I am sorry, I didn't mean to cause confusion. I just thought that maybe someone new how to adjust to make it work for plan, like the dieticians use to do. I don't have access to that anymore.

Thanks
    Tracey
  • I tried this last night. I thought it was ok, but good enough I would make it again, it kind of reminded me of a baked custard. However, if I did make it again, I think it might try baking it in a ceramic dish of some type, I don't know if it was the way I cooked it, but it took forever to try to wash the saucepan.
  • Yeah, I like it too.