30 Somethings Daily Chat Mon Jan28th

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Hopin' everyone has a good Monday planned. Did not work out yet (which usually means I won't be getting it in, lol), but I have already cleaned two bathrooms and stripped the bed & thrown some sheets in the wash, so the day is off to a good start. Gotta get Frankie on the bus soon, then shower, and go to the post office. Also, I got a haircut on Sat, and there is one piece that is bugging me, so I'm gonna run over & have her take care of it real quick. Other than that I will proabaly make a quick run to Target, then bakc home to vacuum, dust, and do laundry. That's my day in a nutshell!!

Will check in periodically throughout the day.

Oh, as for mom, she still hasn't passed her stones yet...most likely she will go back to the hosp. so they can do whatever it is they do...

Make it a great day!! (One of my dad's favorite sayings)

Pam
  • morning all...well aother day, another dollar LOL. Two more days of work and then i get a day off. I'm definately getting worn out...but that's ok...i'm surviving. Hope everyone is doing well...holli i hope you got some sleep

hannah- how's the new pup doing?

alright all..off to get ready for work
  • Good morning!

GG - I hope today is better for you. We had a dog with seizures several years ago - we ended up putting down before he was 2 as they could no longer make them stop with medication. It is really tough...sorry that you had a rough weekend.

Pam - sounds like you are up and at it today! Hope that you rmom is feeling better soon. I have heard kidney stones are just awful.

We are off to the weekly library storytime later this morning - I am hoping sits still better than last time. I am hoping to work out before we go. Not sure of what else we do today. Yesterday was kind of busy with church and a membership class after, that I think we will keep things calm for DS. He was so upset yesterday about staying in the nursery, that I ended up staying in there too.

Hello to everyone else! Have a great day.
  • Welcome to another week!!

I am starting it with a headache. I have already taken my Aleve so hopefully my headache will leave. I am already rhyming today.

Not much going on today. I will be trying to cram little heads full of knowledge. Then I will be working out and coming home. Luckily, it is a four day work week. We have Friday off. It is some strange day where you can go to training or have the day off. None of the trainings sound interesting so I am taking the day off.

Have a great day!!!

Jasmine
  • Good morning! DH is off to work and both DS are off to school. Just loaded the dishwasher and thought I'd check-in before I go to Wal-Mart. I also have to babysit for a friend whose DH is in Iraq. She was no family here and has to go to the dentist.

And hopefully day #3 of the Cymbalta will be better as well. I was in the bed sick most of the day yesterday.

Catch y'all later!
  • Good Monday Morning! I cannot seem to get motivated today. I've drank no water, taken no vitamins and moved very little lol

Is it just Monday? I wonder.

Do any of you have a gym membership? Is it worth it? Meaning do you use it regularly? We have a new Golds Gym that I've been looking at I'm just wondering if I would stick with it - I'm sure there is a commitment of a year or so to join...

crbowles - I hope today is better!

Jasmine - I often use to wake up with headaches. I thought because of the dry heat in our home. Not a fun way to start the day! But, it's always wonderful when you realize that it's gone :-)

Pam, Delta, Gator - have a great morning!
  • Mornin' Gals (and the infrequent dudes that drop by now and then;-),

Pam ~ You've already cleaned two bathrooms and are busy with laundry *before* 6:30 a.m. You are on a roll this morning Girl! I love having mornings like that! Needless to say, this morning isn't one of them;-). Hope that your mom passes the stones asap. Sounds awful.

GG ~ LOL at your excitement about getting the Dyson! I hear ya'... Priorities changes with age, no doubt that about. Hope that today is a better day. I was reading your posts from the last several and they sounded especially rough. I can see why you're hoping not to work full-time when you start your family. BTW ~ Annie's Brownie troop is visiting a large animal vet clinic tomorrow after school. We're all super excited as they will be showing us everything. I can't wait to see the operating room ~ that would have to be one seriously large table (?).

Delta ~ Good luck with storytime. Enjoy these sweet days with your little one... They have a preschool program at our school library on Monday afternoons that I take my 5 year old too.

Jasmine ~ hopefully your headache will be a distant memory by the time that you read this note. Monday *and* a headache ~ now that really stinks!

crbowles ~ Isn't Cymbalta the same medicine that Holli/txangel has been talking about? Sounds like rough stuff. I hope that your body adjusts to it quickly.

Morning beachmomma ~ I don't have a gym membership now but I've had one in the past when I was single. I used to love going before work in the morning. It works out better for me now to exercise here at home but someday when the kids are older I'll start going back to the gym. And, yes it is Monday!

I'm getting ready to go get on my bike. I'm feeling much better today so it's time to get back into an exercise routine. I stayed up way too late last night. I rarely watch television at night but these past two nights I've been hooked on Jane Austen. After watching the original Pride and Predujice I decided to watch the newer version that my niece had loaned me. It was so good! I was really surprised as *no one* and I do mean, *no one* beats Colin Firth IMO as Mr. Darcy. So then last night I had to watch Bridget Jones again as Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy in that too... Alright, enough... I know that I sound like a big ole' dork. DH just shakes his head when I start going on and on... Hope that everyone has an excellent day ~ Joan
  • Pam, is there anything your mom can take for the pain? I'm off to Target myself. I am kicking myself for not getting some drapery rods I saw on Clearance. I'm gonna go and see if I'm lucky enough to still find one in the size I need.

Dawn, have fun at your reading time.

cr, I like your avatar. Lets all just shoot those scales today!

Jasmine, hope your headache is gone by now.

beachmomma, I had a gym membership. If I were to get one again, I would get one with alot more options than what I was paying for. What good is a gym thats only open when you're at work?

Hey Lauren, Gator, Joan, and everyone else.

Not much going on here. I did get my workout in. I was gnarling my whole way through it though, lol.

Gonna go, I'll check back later, have a great Monday everyone!
    Alicia
  • good morning everyone!

Hi Lisa, some times co-workers get bent out of shape when someone else gets a promotion, I hope you have a great day, the will get over it!

Pam, I hope your mom passes does things soon, I do know they are extremely painful and I don't think there is to much they can do for ya, there are certain kidney stones that can be dissolve w/medicine others you just have to go through w the pain and pass them, to your mom and to you.
    try to get some exercise, you will feel so great! wow you have done so much work around the house already, do you want to come here? LOL...

GG the puppy is doing great, we haven't heard her cough at all, Zurg is kind of warming up to her, but letting her know in his own little doggy way he is the king of this house, it is too funny to watch, I am watching them carefully, I don't want her to get hurt. She is going to the vet today at 10:45 am the nurse that answered the phone when I called to make the appointment was so sweet, she said she can't wait to see the new addition, and she wanted to see Zurg too. I love my vet!

Delta enjoy your day, I love the stage when you can take the kids to the library and do all kinds of fun things.

Jasime make sure you drink lots of water, we forget to drink when it is not so warm, but you can be dehydrated. feel better!

Joan enjoy your exercise, I have not see any of the movies you mentioned. did you have a good time w/your company? how is your DD feeling?

CRbowles Cymbalta is very "evil" stuff, be careful, did you start on 20 mgs and working up from that? Make sure you drink lots of water, it is very constipating, I mean very! I never had a problem w/constipation and I learned if first hand w/Cymbalta, I was in tears.

baechmomma I love my membership to 24 hrs. fitness, I was going every day, until I started not feeling to well and diagnoses fibromialgya, I miss going, a lot! in the beginning I had to force myself to go, but once I got in the routine, I had to go, my body craved the exercise! it is awesome to have that feeling.

Well I have to go take a shower, I have a meeting here w/some people from the county that are still coming over to work w/Sean, not the same program that they thought I was selfish. And got to take the little gal to the vet. I am home after that, it is a good thing, it is pouring rain here, the street below my house gets flooded and it is a mess, they have to close that street and it is like the egress to our neighborhood. There is a huge piece of property on that street that has been for sale for as long as I can remember, I have not clue who would buy such a piece of property it is a flood plain. I want to do some cooking today, like preparing meals in advance and freeze them, like you do at dream dinners, but I am going to use my own recipes. DH went to the grocery store yesterday and of course he took "his coupons" he bought food for an army and the bill came to $90 I couldn't believe it, he is so good w/those coupons, totally unlike me, but I did have to go through the coupons before he left, I did confiscate a couple of tooth paste and shampoo coupons, I don't know what the deal is with that.
    See you all later!

Have a great day!!!

Hanna
  • Alicia we were posting at the same time, have a wonderful day!
    Hanna
  • Afternoon All,
    Sorry I was MIA for a few days. The fieldtrip was fun, but very long. We got back to the school at 11 that evening. So I was very tired. But couldn't go to bed right away. So I stayed up for 23 hours straight on Saturday. Then yesterday got woke up by dh after only getting like 5 hours of sleep. Had plans of taking a nap yesterday, but he was in one of his butthead moods and said that we needed to clean house. But guess who cleaned house, me. So I didn't get to relax until 10:30 last night. Finally fall asleep at 11 only to be woke up at 11:51 by him setting off the smoke alarms. Not a happy camper was I! Then is was toss and turn city the rest of the night.
    Today is going good so far, though. Kind of sad that I have to come back to school to get a break. Shouldn't that be the other way around? I did get my workout in this morning and finished reading all the posts from the weekend. Came to work and have been busy working with my kids today. Plans for this evening are to do as little as possible. Hope I can go to bed tonight without any interruptions.
    GG sorry you had a rough weekend. Hope your week goes better for you.
    Pam hope your mom passes her kidney stones soon. My dh had them and they are not fun. It was painful just listening to him when they passed.
    Hanna glad that you got your little girl. That is weird how you got her. Enjoy your additon to your family.
    Lauren sorry that you didn't get to take your test on Sat. But this way, you have more time to study. Good Luck!
    Lisa sounds like you are enjoying your promotion!
    Hi Big John. Sounds like you have been keeping yourself very busy. Come back and visit with us when you can.
    Hi to everyone else. My kids are coming back from computer class now. So have to type off and go get them ready to do their Math lesson. Chat with you all later.
    Take care,
    Kerry
  • Hi Lauren ~ We're all rootin' for you come Wednesday night...

Hi Alicia! How I love Target... it's my favorite store in the whole wide
    world:-). So, I don't get out much LOL.

Hanna ~ I hope that Zurg warms up to the little girl. It's obvious how much you love those puppies. I'm so glad that they give you so much joy ~ you deserve it!

Kerry ~ Sounds like a long weekend. Hopefully you'll be able to catch some good zzzzzz's tonight...

I did 30 minutes on the new bike. I really like it. I was surprised by how fast the time went. Of course it helped that I was sitting watching the television screen (on mute) and listening to music thru my headphones. Talk about ADHD ... whatever works! Talk to everyone later ~ Joan
  • Back again!

Well, the library thing didn't last long - DS wanted to leave the minute we got in the room with the kids. I am not sure what is going on - between the nursery at church and this morning. I am at a loss of what to do to make him more comfortable he has been fine in those situations in the past.

CR - that it is so nice of you to watch your friend's child - it is hard when you don't have family around.
    Beachmomma - I had a gym membership in the past. I found that if I didn't go in the a.m., I would be too lazy after work to go and just go straight home. I then asked for a treadmill that I could use at home instead.
    Jasmine - a four-day week sounds nice! Hope that you had a good day.
    Joan - my husband has been looking at recumbant bikes as he is training for a marathon. He hates running on a treadmill in the winter - and doesn't like to run outside either when it is as cold as it has been. What brand of bike did you buy?
    Alicia - I hope that you get your wish and the curtain rods are at Target!
    Kerry - Hope that you get your much-needed rest!
    Hanna - congratulations on the new puppy!
    Lauren - hi back!
  • Good Day All!
    I had a boring weekend. My husband hurt his neck Friday... weight lifting. He thinks he is still 25. He is retiring from the Military Wednesday and he figured he could still warm up with 205 pounds after not lifting weights for about 10 years. Of cours we do lift weights every summer. About 300 reps of 60 punds each from a dead lift on the ground to about 4 feet over our heads. But that is a far cry from 205. So we took it easy. I forgot the very improtant rule about when you are dieting you must stick to your eating plan. I did not eat dinner Sat night and did not eat breakfast Sun Morning. We got up around noon and I almost passed right out in the shower.
    I cheated and had bread with my lunch that day. I don't think it hurt me-diet wise. So I had my scare. Lesson learned.
    My poor dog is soooo B O R E D. I feel so bad for him. He is a very high energy dog and it is too cold for him to run and play outside but for a few minutes. My house is too small to provide much fun. So he lays around on the furniture or pesters his sister until she growles at him, or we scold him.
    This dog, he's a thinker, and he's very clever. If we don't think of it, he will. And once he learns something... he cannot be talked out of it. He is either brain damaged or mentally superior to his species. I'll give you an example. When he first became potty trained he figured out that if he pooped on the floor he would learn to fly. He must have decided the toilet was too precarious for him to perch atop- but he did figure out what we use the bathroom for. One morning I got up and I could smell it. I wasn't too alarmed because our older dog is a little incontinent and she leaves little nuggets hiding for us in different places. My initial concern was finding it before my little boy dog did. But when I got to the bathroom I could see that in the middle of the night he had not been feeling so good- so he hopped in the tub. My husband's first reaction was a stream of bad words, but I told him he better not dare yell at this puppy (he was 4 months at the time) I was impressed with how much thought it must have taken for him to decide that the bath tub would be the most appropriate place for him to have an accident. I took him in there and showed him his mess and I praised the heck out of him and hugged him. He has never done it since, but he has done other things that amazed me. Of course...dog- he has also done things that have made me smack my forhead and wonder if he needs a CT scan of his brain. So I really cant tell if he is a dog genius or Mentally challenged.

Well, I got off track there. Sorry. I had a really nice garden salad for lunch today. Not much going on here. Better get back to work.