Shoe sizes

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • At my thinnest before having my DD, I could wear some 8.5 shoes, but was really a 9. Now I am a 9 1/2-10 and have one pair of 11 (but they are a little too big, I only got them because it was a mail order error and they were $4.99 and it would have cost more than that to send them back!).
  • WHat is DH and DD? I have no clue.

Anywhoo....

I used to be a size 10 normal. Now I am 10 1/2 Wide / 11 Wide. I've always had big honking feet.
  • DH and DD are darling husband and darling daughter (respectively) - no idea where this came from.

Unless shoe companies have started vanity sizing (and I don't put it past them), I went from an 8.5 to an 8 with my 70 lb weight loss. I was never a wide (that I know of, I didn't do much of ANY shopping when I was at my heaviest) but I can now wear a Narrow a lot of the time.

Hey Soulbliss - have you ever used Zappos? Free shipping, both ways! Takes a lot of the risk out of internet shoe ordering, I just love them.
  • Well before I had my kids and gained weight... oh about 130 pounds ago I wore a size 5 shoe.

I now wear a 9.

So this will be interesting to see if they go down!