TV on DVD

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Tell me some of your favorite shows that you have seen that you either caught while they were on tv, or you rented them after they hit dvd. I am looking for new shows to watch during the writers strike.
  • Dead Like Me
    Wonderfalls
    The 4400

I am currently watching Rome and enjoying it so far.
  • Lost (lol which everyone but me has probably seen)
    Dead Like Me
    Heroes
    Six Feet Under

Then for the Sci-Fi Person:
    Farscape
    StarGate SG1
  • You have to watch The Wire. One of the best shows on TV.
  • I'm watching that old nighttime soap Dallas! (no laffin! ) I loved it years ago but missed the final few years. I'm up to season 5 of 13.

Also watching The Wire. Only saw the first season on tv so now I'm looking at season 2.

Also been renting a lot of DVDs from Netflix...a lot of old classic tv shows from the 70s & 80s along with some movies too.

Next up is some of the series from HBO & Showtime as we don't subscribe to that anymore. There really is a TON of stuff out there to watch!
  • I love sex and the city but only saw it when I bought it on dvd. I also like gilmore girls, greys anatomy, october road, and friends.
  • Currently I'm netflixing Dexter, Dirt, and Carnivale.

I also ditto the Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me. I love anything Bryan Fuller has ever touched (especially Pushing Daisies).
  • House
    Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Scrubs
    Survivor
    Seinfeld
    Futurama
    Robot Chicken hehe (Don't know if it's on DVD, if so - please let me know)

Feeling Nostalgic?
    MASH
    Three's Company
    Married with Children
    Full House
    X-Files
    Family Matters
    Fresh Prince (yeah will smith!)
  • I own every season of The Office, and despite the fact that I can probably recite most episodes now, I still watch it all the time. Heck, I watch it on tv and dvd. If there was some sort of Office puppet show, I'd probably watch that too.

Aside from that I also enjoy Scrubs (the early seasons especially). SportsNight is a show that was only on for two seasons about 6-7 years ago, but it's out on DVD and I highly recommend it. Don't let the "sports" part scare you off if you don't like sports. It's about folks making a sports news program. Sports don't really come into play.

In the non-comedy range, if you haven't seen it already, the first season of 24 is awesome. I love Prison Break too, and the first two seasons of that are out.
  • LOST
    Heroes
    Ugly Betty
    and LOST (seriously, it is my favorite show EVER made)
  • I don't have cable and detest commercials so I only watch TV shows on DVD.

Lost
    Boston Legal
    Buffy (I own the series)
    Simpsons (own up to season 10)
    Monk (own up to season 5)
    Psych (similar to Monk)
    House
    Grey's Anatomy (although stopped at the end of season 2, got way too dumb, first season was good though)
    Charmed
    Rome (love it! too bad it ended after season 2)
    Carnivale (very quirky show)
    Xena (I used to watch this show all the time, I like rewatching some of the episodes)

Way old shows...
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents
    Twilight Zone

I have a bunch of stuff in my queue I haven't watched yet like Mork & Mindy, Laverne & Shirley and other shows.
  • Let's see....

The Office (UK version--I own these)
    The Office (US version--I own these)
    Nip/Tuck
    Little Britain
    The Royle Family (a British sitcom that is HILARIOUS!)
    Big Love
    The Sopranos
    Sex and the City
    Lots more!!!!
  • Quote: Currently I'm netflixing Dexter, Dirt, and Carnivale.

I also ditto the Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me. I love anything Bryan Fuller has ever touched (especially Pushing Daisies).
    I rented Dexter as well, and throughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for season 2 to come out.
  • Quote: Let's see....

The Office (UK version--I own these)
    The Office (US version--I own these)
    Nip/Tuck

Little Britain
    The Royle Family (a British sitcom that is HILARIOUS!)
    Big Love
    The Sopranos
    Sex and the City
    Lots more!!!!
    Also Dexter, Weeds (questionable content but SO GOOD!).... I'm on a Sopranos kick right now. I tend to plow through a few seasons at a time. You get sucked in like that
  • DD has almost every year of the Gilmore Girls. Other than that we haven't bought any TV shows (although I'm thinking of getting the first 2 seasons of Three Sheets).