Weekly Cluck - January 21st-27th

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hi girls

Thought I'd stop in. Just doing some laundry and dishes. Maybe I'll dust the furniture. Yep, it's a party here!!

I've got pool tonight. We found out last night that we got the wild card to be in the play-offs from last session. The winners go to Vegas! The problem: we have sucked for the past few months, barely winning any games. Oh well, stranger things have happened. I think it takes place the first week in February.

I feel a little better today, a little more optimistic than before.

Heather: With my low self-esteem, I think having a stalker would kind of be flattering!

Thinking of you all!
  • Hi all! Back from class so I thought I'd pop in and say hello! Can't stay long - really need to get some work done today

This semester I'm going to ride my bike back and forth to campus for class - its not far, and parking is such a bear! I had to load my bike in my car this am to take it to work, and the handlebar came undone, and I had to put air in the tires. Course, I could have done it all last night, but I was too busy sitting on my tushy stuffing my face with lean cuisine. Well, at least it was lean cuisine.

Anyway, it is still VERY cold here (like 6 deg) so I almost chickened out of the biking, but I didn't. The bike paths were impassable, so I ended up walking part of it, riding on sidewalks (a no no), and riding in the streets. Thankfully the two times my bike went down were NOT when I was in the street. I'm soooo looking forward to spring!

I'm still a little dissapointed in my eating yesterday - I didn't eat nearly enough throughout the day, and so of course by dinner time I was very hungry, ate too quickly, and was still hungry, so I ended up eating more. All in all I didn't do too much calorie damage, but it certainly made me realize I'm not as in control as I like to think I am.

Hope - I'm really glad you are feeling better today . I am sorry you've been suffering so much lately. I've been sorta up for so long now (good meds) I had almost let myself forget those kinda days. Have fun at pool - I'd love to hear more about how you got involved in something so cool!

Sassy - Oh you poor thing! The packed-lunch blues!!!! I'd send my stash of food your way if I could! I have to eat at my desk too, but lately its not been going too bad - will your work let you stash stuff? I keep oatmeal packets and tuna in my drawer - not exactly gourmet, but when I get desperate. Well, that and they finally got rid of the vending machine. W00t.

Heather - a new car, hmm.... could be fun. Let us know how it goes?

Leenie - hope to see you here again later chicky!

One last thought - had a check-in with my doctor yesterday; she asked me how I planned to reward myself for losing the 20+ pounds, and I came up completely dry! I got nothing. I don't want (or have the money) to buy frivolous things, and I've been trying very hard not to acquire anymore stuff. I guess I could think of my shoe-spikes as a reward, even if I did buy them before I hit 20 lb. And I CERTAINLY don't want to use food as a reward - thats how I got here in the first place. What do y'all do?

Wow - that was a long post! Sorry to take up so much page gals. Toodles.
  • Hi Ladies.

Thank You, ScorpioSunshine, I do feel better after some sleep!!!

Hope -- You sound a lot like me lately. Up and Down, Up and Down. I feel like I'm on a freaking rollercoaster!!! lol. I know its a part of the depression and also a big part of mine is from my PCOS as well. But that is how I spent most of this last past weekend, under a blanket........I hope to not do that this coming weekend. Big to you......

Heather -- Yes I wanna be at that place too!!! lol. I do feel better though since I got some sleep. Lastnight/this morning was kinda busy, which I guess is good because it made my night/morning go faster!!! lol. Good Luck on the Car Hunt. We bought ours in 2006 brand new, first brand new car either of us have ever have!!! We love it!!! Now we're thinking about getting a second used vehicle.

Amarie -- I think we posted at the same time!!! lol. Great Idea on riding your bike to class, what a great way to exercise + help the environment all wrapped into one!!! WTG on riding your bike in this frigid weather!!! I ended up eating soup lastnight for dinner, I just did not want what I brought. lol. Yeah I stash stuff in my desk -- that is where I got the soup, but DH has um dwindled down my supply (he works at the same place) so I need to stock back up. Great Idea on the Oatmeal Packets -- I never had thought of that and we have one of those instant hot water spickets at work too. Ya know when I was in the break room heating up my soup lastnight, I swear that stupid vending machine was calling my name!!! lmao. Like, "you know you want some of my sugary and fattening snacks!!!" But I do have to give the vending machine people some credit, they did put in two Kashi things in there. I suppose that is a start?? lol. What to use as a reward with no money? Hmmmmmm. Maybe just reward yourself with time for you, whatever it is you like to do, read, bubble bath, etc, etc......

Hope you had a Great Day and have a Wonderful Evening/Night!!

• Good evening everyone!

Thankfully I didn't get stuck in the driveway, but I did manage to back out with the van still plugged in Thankfully it unplugged in the driveway and no harm done except to my self confidence, jeeshMakes me worry what the heck I'll do next! Oh tonight I put a pan on the stove to heat up and put it on to hot and the smoke set off the smoke detectors, well there was no way we could stop the two electric ones. I finally figured out how to unplug one. The sliding door and windows are all frozen shut so it was hard to air out the place. I'm hoping they are working properly as the little green light is on, but when I tested it, it wouldn't stop again until I unplugged it. Its never a dull moment here

Other than that it was a really nice day, beautiful sunshine and I had a great visit with my friend. Oh and TOM finally started, I've been waiting since mid december! So other than doing some idiotic things and worrying over a bunch of things I have absoulutly no control its been a great day

Sassy, glad you are feeling better Sleep and soup, no better remedy for a cold winter night.

Amarie congrats on the bike riding, thats great especially in this cold weather. I always admire those people who can run and bike ride in the cold!

Hope, I hope you are feeling better. My friend was telling me that she heard that Jan 21 is the most depressing day of the year as Christmas bills are arriving, new year's resolutions are in the dust and people are sick of winter. Its an interesting thought. Congrats and good luck with your pool, hope you do well. A trip to Vegas sounds really nice right now!

Heather a new car, that will be great. Its so nice to have a vehicle that you don't have to worry about.

Hi Leenie, Cathy Scorpio and everyone else!

Well I should go and get the dishes done so I can go to bed!

Take care everyone and have a wonderful tomorrow, is the week over yet??
    K
  • see you later...taters
  • good morning gang

just running in to tell everybody HELLO and to have a great day!

btw, I did 2 miles yesterday morning (I don't think I posted) and 2 miles this morning.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
    hugs,
    Cathy
  • hi I am going to MRC, have any of you gone?
  • What is MRC?
  • Hello Ladies!!!
    I just wanted to say hi to you all and know that I am thinking of you and hope you all do awesome-ly (is that a word?) this week on whatever plan you are following

Maria aka SoldiersWife821
  • Hi all.

My fil is having some health issues, its been on going for a while now, but once again its turned its ugly head. I won't go into everything, but he isn't going to be able to do much of anything for 4-6 months at the very least. He was talking to DH about possibly getting a 2nd mortgage and adding on to their house so we could move in, then we could help out around the house and also with finances, etc. So that is probably what will happen, nothing is definate of course, but like I told DH I don't think they have a choice, I think its a have-to thing. And if we do that, my mom can move in too (if that is alright with my in-laws and her) and she can help out too. But we shall see, as I said, nothing is definite.

So I just have to get through tonight and I'm off my normal time. I did put in to take a week off the first week of Feb, but we shall see if I get it.

Take care,

• Hello everyone!!

Nice quiet day here, cold and sunny. Just had to take ddC to judo tonight. Other than that not much else.

Sassy so sorry about your FIL

Hi hope! I was wonder what MRC is as well.

Maria we look forward to getting to know you.

I should head off and do the dinner dishes.

Take care everyone!
    K
  • Hi all,

Today I slept in, longer than usual that is, b/c my fiance has a cold so he slept in. We went to lunch and then stayed in the rest of the day.

My eating was good today. It's so strange, one day I want to quit and eat everything in sight and the next I have no trouble and I'm not that hungry. (Not that I eat because I'm hungry anyway.) Tomorrow I weigh in for the biggest loser challenge here on 3fc and I don't know what to expect, some days have been better than others.

I have a lead on a job from a friend I talked to at pool. Something is better than nothing, but I'm sure I could have made the proposed salary even if I had dropped out of high school. It's also not in my field. It would just be a paycheck and insurance. Don't I sound excited? I just always thought I would have a strong career going on by now.

Welcome Jill and Maria!

Sassy, that sounds like a house full, but nothing is more important than taking care of family. I've done a lot of it and I wouldn't trade the priveledge for anything.

Hi Buddly, Cathy, Heather, Leenie and everybody else!
  • Good Morning

Can't play.... but tomorow I can YAHOOO !! (hopefully)

See you then...have a WONDERFUL day my pretties

• Hi ladies! I am at home this morning, but my inet is on the fritz. Hopefully this will post before it goes down again.

Won't stay long just in case. I walked to class yesterday (40 min each way) which pretty much rocked. It was good that I did too, because the rest of the day I only did about 700 steps!

Hope - I hope that the job pans out for you, and that maybe it leads to something better soon! Sometimes all you can do is get a foot in the door, but eventually you can get it pushed wide open!

See you later!

Oh Sassy - you are a wonderful woman for wanting to care for your fam. Its all too rare these days.

Bye!
  • good morning gang