Any club soda drinkers in the house?

• Does anybody drink straight up club soda and then add a twist of lemon or lime? I am going to try it and hopefully I will enjoy it. I think it will be nice change to order these at the bar for no calories, but I must get an acquired taste for it at home first I suppose..
  • I do usually when I travel by airplane. I don't really miss the fizz so I don't normally drink it otherwise.
  • i love club soda!!! I drink it all the time.... I do not add anything to it... just straight of the bottle... It remind me of what i used to drink in France!

Florence
  • I drink it all the time! That's what I order at restaurants, too - since I don't drink diet soda.
  • I really like it with lime or lemon and a couple drops of bitters.
  • I used to enjoy a glass of wine every night but decided to skip it so I don't waste calories on alcohol. Instead, I drink sparkling mineral water with just a little bit of cranberry or blueberry juice in a wine glass for something special. Is club soda the same thing as sparkling mineral water?
  • I order club soda and lime when we go out to a bar and I don't want to drink.
  • Quote:
    Is club soda the same thing as sparkling mineral water?
    No, but it's similar. Neither has any calories. Club soda has carbonation put in at the plant; most (but from what I read, not all) sparkling mineral waters have natural occurring carbonation. That's why they are not as fizzy. I drink club soda often. It's a great choice if your friends are all drinking alcohol - looks like a drink, esp if you have a twist of lemon or lime in it.
  • I just started drinking club soda with MIO flavoring, I'm trying to kick the pop habit. it tastes like cheap faygo, but I am determined to get off of pop once and for all!
  • Boy is this an old thread! An Oldie but a goodie that I started when I swore off SPLENDA & all artificial sweeteners years ago! I drink LaCroix flavored water which comes in a can when I want a bit of pizzazz! I especially love the grapefruit, berry, lemon & lime flavors when water or hot plain tea or unsweetened tea just don't quite do! Yup, I'm a big fan of this stuff, great stuff Meynard!