30 Somethings Wed. Jan 16th Daily Thread

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Lauren, I had no idea about your mom and the gastric bypass. Thanks for sharing. Whatever works for you as far as logging would be fine. Should we count miles from this past Sunday if its already counted in last weeks?

Lisa, good luck with the interview. Stinks that you have no idea of exactly when, I know you're prepared though.

Diane, when I first read "hunting for food" knowing you, at first I had a pic of you outside hunting, lol.

Pam, that seems very pricey. How many cupcakes does that hold? Do you get the cupcake holder back? I am sure I've seen some at walmart, must not be the same thing though, huh?

GG, don't wear yourself out girl, you went to work out pretty late after a long day of work. Congrats on your loss.

Kerry and Jasmine, hope it warms up enough for you guys to have recess!

Megan, fighting, Dawn, hello!

Well, I have to go out and get groceries. There is talk of a winter storm. So I need to get and few things. I was watching tv this am and now I'm very worried about things like the economy. I did get my workout in also.

Hope everyones is having a Super day!
    Alicia
  • Dangergirl, we were posting at the same time. Just want to wish you a very happy birthday, my fellow Capricorn. Let us know what your surprise is...
  • Alicia, Just count Monday through Saturday, and we'll start with Sunday next week. Make sense?

Happy Birthday Dangergrl!!
  • Happy Birthday, dangergrl!!

lois lane, I literally laughed out loud when I read that you thought I that I literally hunted outside for my breakfast! OMG! That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Just came to read posts...hadn't intended on posting myself! Oh well....

Back to my busyness!
  • Thank you!
    Ladies, Thank you for the Birthday wishes! My boss said I could leave early! Yay! It is snowing here really heavily. It will be nice to drive home in the day light and miss all the traffic! DREAMS DO COME TRUE!
  • This is a quickie gals... I just have a short time before heading out of here. Everyone sounds sooooooo motivated!!! Congrats to all that have lost weight this week. Also, Happy Birthday DangerGirl ~ keep us posted on "the gift." LOL at your post yesterday regarding the donut. Lauren, fingers crossed, that your mom is on the mend. Hope to have more time tomorrow to catch up with everyone. Hugs ~ Joan

PS ~ Pam I saw a cupcake tower in the Linens n Things flyer that came out a week or so ago. Can't remember the price though ~ good luck!
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANGER!!!! I'm right behind you...I'll be 38 in April. Have fun going shopping with hubby, and enjoy yourearly evening!! Hope you treat yourself!!

Lauren, just got to read through all the posts, so sorry about your mom. Include me in the list of people who have added her (and you!!) to my prayers. I hope you get some rest for yourself.

Hey Alicia, we are supposed to be getting that storm tomorrow night/Friday, but they're not sure if it will be rain or snow. Keeping our fingers crossed for a three day weekend...Also, I know what you mean about the economy. It is scary to think we might be going into a recession!! Hope not!

Kerry ,GG, and Jasmine, hope you are having good days at work today!! Esp. if the kids are indoors (ugh).

Well, yes the cupcake tower is a big investment, but beign that cupcakes are very hot right now, I think it is a good idea. I have a small cc display, this one would hold about 60. Also, I really want to impress the woman I will be using it for...she has parties all the time,a nd spares no expense. She hires my friend to decorate her house and office every season and plan every party, even holiday dinners, so she's very loyal if she likes your work. And my friend says she's extremely easy going. I'm really excited about it, so it's kind of worth the investment, know what I mean??

Alright, Frankie will be home soon, then DH right after him, so I better get my kitchen straightened up. Hope you all have a lovely evening, will try to check in tonight!!

Bye all!!
    Pam
  • Joan, just pasted at the same time. I will check that right away...I have it on the kitchen table...Thanks!!
  • Hi All! I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Lori and I just joined on Monday. I'm 31, married with 3 small boys. I need to lose about 70lbs and have started my diet about 2 weeks ago. I'm not doing a specific diet, just eating healthy. How do you all find time to exercise? At this point I have not started any exercise regimen bc I cant seem to find the time...too tired after I get the kids in bed at night and to tired to get up any earlier in the morning. I'm still breastfeeding the baby so I'm up at night with him and get little sleep as it is. At this point I lack the motivation to do anything more. I'm looking forward to meeting you all, I'll abide by the rules and not post my bio until I've been here for awile. Hope to talk to you all soon!
  • Hi Lori! How old are your boys? I think just having 3 boys qualifies as exercise!
  • Hope everyone's day is going well...

Pam - I have seen a few larger cupake holders online if you google "cupcake holders", but they were a bit pricey. You have probably already looked at those kinds of sites already, though...all this talk of cupcakes is making me hungry!

Alicia - I was wondering if you got your painting done. We are still sitting here with a lot walls undone! DS gets into things and DH has not been motivated...

Happy birthday Danger! Congrats on getting off work early...

Welcome dwnszme - I have one little guy. I have found that if I call my exercising "dancing" he will come work out with me doing aerobics type stuff. He also has his own set of hand weights (very light) and will pretend to do strength training while I am lifting. I usually sneak strength training in throughout the day. I also asked my husband to watch DS while I am on the treadmill for about half an hour in the evening.

Hi to everyone else - have a great night...
  • Well, I think I've officially found the band wagon, dusted it off, given it a new coat of paint, and am back riding it again. Hopefully I put some extra handrails on it to keep me from falling off easily again. :P

Today is my first official weigh in (I'm gonna do Wednesdays since it's nice to have it part of my morning routine and I don't have a routing and I have adjusted my profile to reflect the new reality. Kinda depressing to know I'm starting '08 heavier than I was at the beginning of '07, but hopefully I can get that burnt off fast enough.

Anyhoo, letting supper settle before I get on that dreadmill for my hour long session. This is day 4 in a row....longest consecutive number of days I've done this in a very very long time.

Rah Rah Rah. We can all do it!

:Lawrence
    Rooster.

P.S. at Alicia.
  • Dawn, I couldn't imagine trying to paint with a 2 yr old. My DS tries to help. While I appreciate the thought, I am happy once his attention wears off. As for DH, he doesn't paint, not his thing. I just ask for an occasional opinion so he feels included, lol. I am finished for the time being, but will start back soon. I have lots to do!

Dawnzme, welcome!

Speaking of getting run over by seniors with their carts. They are out of controll at Walmart with those "scooters".

Rooster, good luck on the "dreadmill". I wonder if I could do a whole hour.

Well, I've eaten, okay so far today. Of course, this is the time of day when I skrew up, dinner time.

Everyone else, have a great evening! I'll probably check back later.
    Alicia
  • Today wasn't too bad. I was mostly behind the counter so I could not get run over. I didn't have my interview today, which means it is tomorrow at 10am, after inventory is all over (for one of the departments that I work). Hopefully it will go fairly quickly. I think I am going to take an updated resume along with me.

Tannersmom, I work at a store called Elder-Beerman, and our seniors start at 55. Kohls start at 60 or 62.

Well I have to work at 6am tomorrow, and I want to get alot of stuff done before going to bed.

Lisa
  • Lisa...good luck with the interview. I think bringing a current resume is a great idea.

dawn...thanks for the info. I have checked them out all over the internet and think I have setteld on one from ebay. It will be 60.00 with shipping, but I have just decided that I am really going to push the cupcake towers for people. We'll see. As for painting, Cadence was 2 1/2 when we moved here & I painted for six weeks straight with her. Have to say I relied on A LOT of PBS Sprout...it was my babysitter, lol.

Roo...great job on the tread...keep up the work!! You'll see your ticker move soon!!

Alicia...hope you were able to resist temptation tonight. Afternoon/evening is my worst time too. I've been doing pretty well lately, though.

dwnszme, WELCOME!!! You'll love it here!! I STILL haven't posted a bio (maybe I should??).

Okay, off to surf the 'net a bit, then put the kiddos to bed & spend some time with hubby

Talk tomorrow!!

Pam