What's cooking this week Jan14-20

• I thought I'd start a weekly menu thread for this week.
    Monday
    B: Steel cut oats (cooked in the slow cooker) with walnuts, dried cranberries, and cinnamon, sugar free latte.

I'll edit later with my other meals.

I ate WAY TOO much today. I kept it healthy but still it was too much.

L: rustic garbanzo bean, spelt, and kale soup (recipe from Sonoma cookbook). This was my first experience with Kale and I have to say I think I like it. This soup was time consuming but it is very good and I would definately make it again. 1 apple.

S: this is where I got into trouble. a Luna bar and a dark chocolate bar-YIKES!

D: Garlic, Mustard Flank Steak, toasted bulgur and pine nut pilaf, and mustard greens salad. 1 glass of shiraz.
    How am I doing with my plan to eat more veggies?
  • Breakfast: Hot cereal, o.j., coffee with FF half & half
    Snack: 2% cheese stick
    Lunch: Turkey and reduced fat Swiss with mayo on whole grain roll, clementine, carrot sticks
    Snack: almonds
    Dinner: Salmon, veggies, brown rice
  • Looks like our menu posters didn't last very long either.

Tues.
    B: 6 oz. Fage 2% Greek yogurt sweetened with stevia and vanilla extract, 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, 1 tbsp sliced almonds; sugar free latte
    L: 1.5 cups garbanzo bean, spelt, and kale soup, 1 navel orange
    S: 1 Luna bar
    D: chicken wrap with lettuce, cucumber, roasted red peppers, and goat cheese in a multigrain tortilla and a glass of white zinfindel.
  • Where is everyone????
    This morning, for breakfast, I had shredded wheat & bran cereal with skim milk, juice, coffee and FF half & half. My snack was a piece of 2% cheese. Going out to lunch with the ladies from work...not sure yet what I'll order. Dinner - I'm thinking of making some ratatouille, with my whole grain bread and a glass of red Italian wine.
  • Okay, here I am again, looking for my long-lost Sonoma friends.
  • I had a terrible day yesterday. I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. I'm doing somewhat better today.
    B: 2 eggs over easy, 1 slice whole wheat toast, sugar free latte
    L: open face roast beef sandwhich, peach cobbler (took a collegue out to lunch)
    S: pecans
    D: left over garlic mustard flank steak, toasted bulgur and pine nut pilaf, 1 glass of shiraz. Maybe some strawberries for dessert.