Another newbie :)

• Hi everyone. I just turned 31 and decided that I don't want to go through the rest of my 30s fat (especially since I've been told that losing weight gets harder the older you get, which I find completely unfair) - so here I am I have 2 kids, ages 2 and 4 who are destroying the house as we speak so I better run for now, but I will definitely be back!
  • Welcome Celtic! Hope your house is still in one piece! My little guy will turn 2 in April, so I undsertand. Talk to you more later. Dawn
  • Welcome CelticQueen from Irish Joan! "They" are right ~ it does get harder! I'm 39 and eat so much better than I did 10 years ago, yet the weight is slow to come off. Come join us on the Daily Thread and good luck!
  • Welcome Celtic! I hear ya' on the weight coming off slower! And the kids destroying the house!
  • Welcome Celtic - join us in the weekend chat! so happy to have you here with us! Is 20 lbs all you need to lose, what is your goal?

• Welcome Celtic!
  • Hi Celtic, I am also new to the site... just joined today. I wish you luck in your journey. I am also a a mom... of four kids and in my mid thirties. i am finding it challenging to say the least to get the weight off. My goal is 50lbs. Hope we can both find help in this site.
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'll have to stop by the chat threads!

txangelgirl - no that's just my minigoal I need to lose 109 more to hit my overall goal

dreamer12 - hi! I lived in TN for several years, my parents have been out there for about 15, in johnson city - where are you? I miss it out there
  • Welcome to 3FC!
  • needing motivation
    greetings, my name is angela and i live in nc. I am a newbie to the site. tried to add my weight tracker and it said i needed to have 25 posts before i could do so. so bear with my plain post. lol
    i have a goal to loose 30 lbs by summer so i can fit into my dreamy bikini that i purchased.
    i was doing ok, till stressful events kicked my butt. i have slacked off. i was on weight watchers and doing well in the beginning, loosing 2 lbs per week. I was journaling. etc. i need to get back on track. my current b/f is a personal trainer. I know he loves me as i am, but i feel deep down i need to improve myself not only for me but for him as well.
    i decided to join the Y. as a beginner i know you should do 30 min a day three times a week until you build up your stamina. * is this correct *
    my grandmother is wanting to join with me. for support.
    shes going to do the water arobics and i want to do the gym

is anyone on zoloft or risperidone. if so does it hinder your weight loss or slow it down, or make it harder.
    also, is there a miracle natural diet pill that works. I keep hearing the hype about Hoodia but i worry if its real or not, because i dont have a lot of money to waste.

sincerly
    angela in trinity nc [/FONT]
  • Hallo Angela!!!! Welcome to 3FC! Um you should be able to add your tracker just fine, are you going to www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker ?

Are ya still doin weight watchers? We also have a great board on that as well here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18 I personally try to scatter myself all over this site hahaha, but I stick with my girls in here

Um I used to be on prozac, but that's another story. I do know that I controlled my eating on it, and I didn't gain anything, so I'm thinking :correct me if I'm wrong girls: that it all comes down to diet and exercise, and really what you put in that hole between your nose and your chin that is really gonna make the difference.

Hoodia is not real... I had an AHA moment about that very thing here:
    (scan down towards the bottom where I start talking about glucommanan)
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107961

Suzanne and MrsJim also had some great two cents about Hoodia here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42591

Whew - lotsa questions, keep em coming! Ya wanna know what's workin for me? Good old fahsioned fiber. Fiber keeps ya full so you don't binge or overeat. I eat tons of fiber and protein in my plan, and drink tons of water. for my juice, I use the South Beach Diet water bottle drink mix pouches (like Crystal Light on the go); the SBD has fiber in them woo hoo, which helps stave off that hunger and keep you on plan. I also use glucommanan or metamucil capsules with a 16 oz of water with each meal, about 30 minutes or so...that helps, just take 1 or 2, not the whole bottle, and only when you're starving, not every meal (otherwise you will :clears throat: have quite an explosive experience.

the key to all of this mumbo jumbo, is figuring out how many cals your body needs (and we are all different) to lose weight; there are some interesting posts in here that recommend eating at what your maintenance calories would be at your goal weight to lose. I sit pretty between 1200-1600, and really don't count anymore cause I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Once you have that down, play a game with yourself called "how much volume of foods can I squeeze into that 1400/day, 1600/day or 1800/day". Fresh veggies are great for this, and fresh fruits too; these have tons of fiber, are filling, oh so good for you, and take up a ton of room in your stomach without a ton of calories. Soup is also GREAT, water based stuff ya know. I prefer homemade soup, that way I can control what preservatives are NOT in my food And I love tweaking old favorites to a newer healthier version.

Lastly, get up off your rear!!!! If ya wanna get to losin, ya gotta get to movin!!! find something and have fun with it. Not married? Take that cute neighbor's dog for a walk . Married? Take your husband for a walk! HAHAHAHA just kidding oh boy. Like to dance? Get a salsa dvd, or spice up the bedroom with a bellydance dvd Or shoot, go do the horizontal dance; if ya do it right, that alone burns 400 cals! :hey we're ladies we can say this stuff:

hope this helps, and we are always here for ya. Come on over and join us in the daily chat, we would love to get to know ya!!! And again, welcome to 3FC!!!!!
  • Welcome celticqueen and dreamer12! Everyone here are so supportive and fun!!!