Behold the Power of the Beach!

• My DH just had to get all his numbers checked for the thumbs-up for his upcoming extended trip. He is a thin type II diabetic, and we have had some trouble controlling his blood sugar levels over the past few years. He just got his results back and has cholesterol, blood pressure, etc., are all great, but his blood sugar levels came back as close to normal as possible without actually being normal! He eats what I cook and does a loose SBD with me (he eats chips, I don't, and he has a glass of wine with dinner every night). His doctor said keep doing whatever we have been doing. Hooray for the beach!
  • That's AWESOME! Congrats to your hubby

My FIL was diagnosed as pre-diabetic- meaning if he kept doing what he was doing, he was going to end up with adult diabetes. He and the MIL jumped on SBD and have each lost 50+ lbs, and the next time he went to the doctor, his sugar levels were doing GREAT! He's no longer pre-diabetic (or so he says, I dunno how it all works lol)

It's amazing! YAY For South Beach!
  • That's wonderful news, Schmoodle!
  • Yay! That's great news, Schmoodle!
  • That's fantastic news Schmoodle -- proof that the beach works!
  • WOW! That is terrific!!!

Kara
  • Thats awesome!

My uncle who is diabetic/high blood pressuer was told by the doc to do phase 2 of the beach beacause it works - schmoodles Dh is proof
  • One reason why I know I am meant to be here
    Thanks Schmoodle for sharing that. Although I should but haven't had my blood sugar checked in a very very long time, I have begun to suspect that I too might be headed in that direction based on my strong family history. I am fortunate enough that my blood pressure and cholesterol are normal but again I am wondering if I have had elevated blood sugar in the past several months.

This diet is endorsed by the ADA and again it was developed by a cardiologist who gave it both to his heart and diabetic patients.

So, it's a two-fer: great for the waistline and great for the health

Woo Hoo!
    Congrats to your DH and your stepping into onderland. I'm green with envy but of course it is the good kind. lol