I met a goal!!

• Hi everyone! I know this is going to sound silly, but I am just so happy about it. I finally made a goal. My goal was to be under 290 by February. Just a little goal, since I only had 2 more lbs to go. But it seems like every goal I have set since I started coming here I have not met. So I said "okay fine. Maybe if I start out with something small and make that, then my confidence will go up to try the next one." And I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 289.5. Yes, I just squeaked by, but I still did it! It gives me motivation to try the next one.

My next goal is small as well. I want to lose just 2 more lbs by Feb. 14th. Just 2 lbs. Anything extra will be a bonus, but at least that. I figure if I lose just 3 lbs a month, then that will be 36 lbs by the end of the year! I also am going to start back up with my exercise. For the month of February, I am going to do nothing by cardio. Maybe that will get the scales moving. Then in March I will add strength training.

Okay, thanks for listening to me ramble. I just wanted to share that little victory with people who I knew would understand. It may be small, but it means the world to me. It gives me hope that I can do this and move forward.

HUGS!

M'Chelle
    My 1st 5 lb smilie!
  • WHOOO HOOO I know how important that is M'Chelle. yes you must put for goals that you can reach they do so well for your ego. I to have the goal of being under 170 by the 14th that is a small goal but i have been stuck and dance at 170-175 for the last month, so i want to break it and pass that number!!

So lets give our selves this blitz Iknow we can do it this is only 14 days!!
  • Sue,

You sound just like me... I too have been stuck at around 171 for 3-4 weeks now. I think this is what they call a plateau. I knew I'd hit one sooner or later, damn it!!

Well done M'chelle. Keep on at it!!

Karen
    260.5/171/140
  • Way to go M'Chelle! Congrats on meeting your goal! Don't knock yourself for setting small goals! It keeps you going and every step, no matter how tiny it may seem is still getting you closer to your ultimate goal! Keep up the good work!
  • M'chelle!! Hey girl nice to see your post and way to go on meeting that goal!!!!
  • YOU ARE A STAR
    M'Chelle
    I am soooooo happy for you.
    Congratulations.
    I've been stuck for several weeks on a
    plateau, so I know exactly what you
    mean.
    Good luck on your next goal.
  • Shine Girlie, Shine!!!!

You sounded like you were dancing chickie...and you should be!!! Congrats, your hard work is paying off!